Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have your children had Tonsilitus?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:54 AM
  • 4 Replies

My son just got it for the second time.  He is feeling better now that he has the meds, but the first week was hard for him and me, because the first day he got it, I was sick with a chest cold, so we were both miserable. 

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
clovismommy25
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:57 AM

Yes, my DS is bearly 3 and is having hsi tonsils removed April 7th, they dont like to do this until AT LEAST four years old here, but he has had it over a dozen times in the last year, so out they come.

I am Magen,  a 20 year old, former teen mommy with two children(Amon and Ryan),married to(Dustin) the father of both my children,high school graduate, exclusively breastfeeding, baby wearing, co-sleeping, vaccinating, circumcising, thumb sucking encouraging, disposable diaper using, lets my kids trash the house, then picks it up for them, going to public school, doesn't force church but believes in God, goes to bed angry, listen to heavy metal and country, reads constantly, plays world of war craft with my husband, pro-life, child abuse survivor(NOT victim), republican, stay at home mommy!!

janette23
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:59 AM

NO DD HASNT BUT I HAVE MANY TIMES ONCE I WAS ON TEH VERGE OF DEATH I THOUGHT ID GET BETTER SO I DINT GO TO TEH HOSPITAL I HAD A FEVER OF 107 AND RISING I CUDNT WALK TALK OR KEEP WATER DOWN MY ROOMATES CALL AN AMBULANCE AND GOT EM TO TEH HOSPITAL N TEH NICK OF TIME THANK GOD!

BUT MY POINT WAS IF HE KEEPS GETTING IT MAYBE HE NEEDS THEM TAKING OUT ID HTE FOR HIM TO GO THROUGH HAT I HAD TO ! GOODLUCK  HOPE HE FEELS BETTER 

Cherish77
by Cherish on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:02 AM

Yeah, my mom told me to keep track of when it happens, and if it happens so many times in the next year, I should ask to get them taken out.  Last time he got it was back in November, so only 4 months ago.

tyra618
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:10 AM

Yes my son had it so often or strep he had his tonsils out 3months before his 3rd birthday.  Now that the tonsils are gone he gets whats known as pharyngitis (basically is tonsillitis without the tonsils.).  It sucks.  My little man has had tubes twice and his adenoids removed twice.  Who knew adenoids could grow back.  Good luck to your little man.

Intelligence plus character-

that is the goal of true education.    Dr.  Martin Luther King Jr. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)