Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need ideas!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:30 AM
  • 6 Replies

I need some ideas of what to do with my 3 year old daughter today, it's my last day alone with her because I'm being induced Wednesday. And my sister in law is coming tomorrow morning for a week and a half to help out. My husband is working till 3'ish today. I'm drawing a blank! LOL But I'd like to make the day special. Oh yeah, she has a slight head cold so I don't want to take her to the park or anything and get other kids sick, that was my idea to do a picnic at a really nice park in our area but she woke up really stuffy and coughing. Ahhh I'll feel so guilty if we end up doing nothing on my last day alone with her =(

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nikkimichele
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:31 AM

since she's stuffy...why dont you have an indoor picnic? make a big deal about it...let her help you pack it and then go somewhere where it's just the two of you and have it. =)

mommy to Tate and Rae

Mover
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:36 AM

You could have her help you make cookies.  Even if they are only the premade cookie dough, kids love to cook.

You could go outside and chalk on the sidewalk if the weather is  nice.

luvsofmylife04
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Does she like to do crafts? She could color a picture for the baby, and if you have a frame to put it in you could hang the picture up in the baby room. She might like that. I would also have the picnic too, that sounds like fun. My kids always like to make a tent by putting blankets over the kitchen table and going under it and eating. Whatever you do, enjoy the day with her. Also, good luck this week, and congratulations on the new addition.

katecole
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM

You could have a living room picnic!  Spread out a blanket, let her help you make the food, and maybe even turn on a special movie.  Maybe you could do her nails, and let her do yours...a little messy but fun...you could have a mommy daughter spa day and do each others hair and such.

have fun!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:44 AM

wave

Hi
MorganRaesMom,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Preschooler Moms

Crafts for children and children at heart

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\The Cafe Group Admin Team

Feel free to join us on these CafeMom Groups:
The CafeMom  Newcomers ClubThe CafeMom Newcomers Club     Current Events & Hot TopicsCurrent Events & Hot Topics  
Advice for MomsAdvice for Moms 
    Kids, Fun & Photos!Kids, Fun & Photos!   The Cafe @ CafeMomThe Cafe @ CafeMom

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:48 AM

why not paint her nails and toe nails. make it a special day i like the idea that another mom said of an indoor picnic, that sounds like a blast

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)