Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why? opinionated, and cussing.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:03 AM
  • 10 Replies

why is is entire family so fucking obsessed with bottles?  I don't want my daughter to have one!!!!  I think that if you are bfing your kiddo and then weaning, you don't need one!  Give them a cup and they will be fine.  But EVERY time Ben's mom comes down, she's constantly trying to stick a fucking bottle down her throat.  I hate it!  Why?  Why can't you just see that I give her a CUP when I told you that I give her a cup *with whole milk NOT formula*, and then do as I wish.  But no, she sits there and says 'oh yeah, okay' and then does whatever she wants to anyway!  I mean I don't want to be disrespectful twoards her, because I'm very thankful that she's here to help with the baby this weekend, but Jesus fucking Christ lady.  You've known for a year know that I don't give my kid  a bottle, and I don't like her to have a bottle, and I'm sorry but don't give my kid a fucking bottle!  It's all I can do to not sit there and rip the damned thing right out of her mouth.

She doesn't need it, she does WONDERFULLY without one, and I don't want to have to battle to get rid of the bottle as well as the tit.  I mean I'm sorry but I have enough to fucking do with out that. 

Sorry I needed to vent, because if I went back into the living room I'd have flipped a fucking nut. 

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BreannazMomma
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM

why the hell would someone want to start a 1 year old on a bottle (im assuming 1 y/o cuz u said whole milk)  thats friggin crazy.  id take all the bottles and throw them away!

motherof208
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:14 AM

When you see her giving a bottle to your dd, walk in the room and take it from your daughter and say "We don't use these" and walk out of the room.  If anyone gives you trouble for it say "Are you her mom? No? Well then you don't make the decisions."  If they want to get into a fight with you over it just tell them "There is nothing to fight about, my decision is final."  GL!

jajamama
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:19 AM

i agree with the PP make it clear you are the mommy because this will get so much worse if you dont put your foot down now.  soon it will be mommy said no to a new toy and then nana comes over and has the new toy (once in a while its okay but not everytime)and it will cause lots of issues make it clear where u stand.

underestimated8
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Definately, stand your ground!!  Or this will turn into a life-long battle between the two of you.  I assume she's bringing over her own bottles to do this with??  Throw them away.  Tell her as often as necessary that you've made it very clear your child is NOT to have a bottle and if she can't abide by YOUR rules, then she needs to back off.  I went through this type of battle (but not over a bottle) with my mother when ds was a newborn; she now approves everything with me that concerns him before she does anything.

PeytonNBella
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Move the bottles. My son had one bottle his whole life and we didn't own any with my daughter. Just hide them or trash them if you want. If she says anything tell her you daughter is too old to be starting bottles and if she can't respect that, it's too bad for her (MIL).

Mom2PunkRockers
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM

I am 100% in agreement with you. My kids never had bottles either and my Ex Mil used to SCREAM at me for breastfeeding and for not giving them bottles. She swore they were starving and needed formula. I would catch her trying to give my kids bottles all the time and I have no idea where she got them from , because we didnt OWN any, nor did I own the formula she would put in them. Finally I told her if she continued to undermine my authority as a parent , she would not be allowed IN my house , nor would she be allowed to see MY children. She screamed and yelled and I threw her out. Hold your ground when it comes to her. 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/thepitbullmommas      <--Click me if you love Pit Bulls!

rufusshu
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:47 AM

The decision is only yours!  when my daughter was about 9 months, anything that she got to drink that wasn't formula, went in a cup.  then when she hit a year, and the formula was gone, so was the bottle.  100%!  The day before her first birthday was the last time she had a bottle in her mouth!

kaitlynsmom1230
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I went thru a similar situation. My mom would give my daughter a bottle when I was trying to get her started on cups. We'd go do our weekend shopping and I'd let my daughter pic out a couple new cups. I'd come home and throw away the same # of bottles as we had just bought cups until there were NONE left.

Quoting BreannazMomma:

why the hell would someone want to start a 1 year old on a bottle (im assuming 1 y/o cuz u said whole milk)  thats friggin crazy.  id take all the bottles and throw them away!

rufusshu
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:51 AM

If she's giving her a bottle, I would just fill up a cup and swap them.  Make sure you do it right on front if her so she knows you're serious,  And I agree that you should just get rid of or hide the bottles.  If she doesn't use them, why have them around?

mygoldcanyon
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)