Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think she'll be okay ? I feel so bad...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

So my 8 month old daughter has started pulling up on things & standing up. I knew as soon as she started doing this all the bad boo boo's would start happening. Well this morning , my worst nightmare came true :( I was laying on the couch asleep when I heard a loud BOOM & Haylo started crying. I ran into her room & she was laying on the floor ( on her back ). I noticed yesterday when I went in her room to get her up , she was holding on to her crib railing & standing up. Ironically , my husband & I had planned on lowering her mattress but the day got the best of us & it never got done. Now I feel so bad. Since she landed on her back I have no idea how she got this horrible red bump/bruise right between her eyes going down her nose. She hasn't been asleep since this happened , which has been about 4 hours. I've been keeping her up just in case. She only cried for a second , & has been acting perfectly normal. Actually she's acting much happier today than she has been this whole week. I think she's okay , I just feel so bad : (

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Amber-Leigh
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM

its not your fault accident like these happen all the time and its just something we Mom have got to get used to seeng our kids having accidents like that and I'm sure your baby will be fine but if your really worried take her down to the hospital and ge ther checked out

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Wow! personally would take her in to urgant care but thats me since it is such a long fall. Poor baby girl!

Caedens_Mommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Don't beat yourself up over it. Hindsight is 20/20. My son started trying to walk at 8 months. Since then he's fallen into doors, fallen into chairs, fallen on the floor etc. He's always got some sort of little bruise on his head! I was worried just like you are, but when I told my pediatrician about feeling bad she's said don't! That's exactly how kids learn! I was concerned about the mattress thing too with our son. It's ironic because the day I saw him hanging over his railing was the day after I too thought to lower the mattress! As long as she's happy she'll be okay! She won't be upset at you about it!

Alexandria

**Ready for this? I'm 20, with a sweet baby boy, engaged to be married to my sons Daddy, doing the college thing(nursing student), breast feeding, share a room, won't let him CIO (just yet) , live at home for now, I'm constantly online but my son comes first, I love my life. Although some would think my life is far from perfect, I believe it is. I'm a young mom determined to break the stereotype b/c young mom's do it best!!**

tdmag
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:17 AM

She probably landed on her face and  roll-landed on her back.And yes she will be fine.When kids are that little,there bones are a little bendable they dont get hard till they are closer to two.

If you are dealing with ALCOHOLISM you are NOT alone,if you or anyone you care about cant stop drinking.And its taking over your life,WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!

Hey its not just about our problems anymore,come have fun with us.Make new friends.Lets have some fun!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/94104

CLICK LINK ABOVE

We hope to see you soon!!!!!!

WhiskerLickins
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM

I'm sure she's ok, just keep an eye on her.  My mom said that when I was 10 months old I fell out of my crib and I turned out fine...  Well..  Fine enough ;)

ashley22ky
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:22 AM

This is only one of many mama, don't feel bad, it happens to everyone at some point. I'm sure she'll be ok. Just give her lots of hugs and kisses!!

madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Now you know why we call them bouncing babies Bless her

shes going to be fine As said by all the  Ladies dont beat yourself up over it These things happen and you cant wrap them up in a bubble They have to learn

UK.gif UK image by xxx_qui_xxxMade_in_England1.gif made in england image by sumayah2003UK.gif UK image by rommel_phthunitedkingdom.gif uk image by alisonjohn
MarshaB702
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM

I'm sure she's fine.  Kids are a lot tuffer than you think!

DamiensMom07
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM

My SO was changing my DD when she was like a week old and he turned around to grab the diaper and she squirmed off the couch and fell right on her head, I freaked out and called the doctor who told me she should be fine just to watch her for a little while,she is now 5 and she turned out fine. We all have something like this happen to us at some point in time no matter how careful we are, sometimes I wish I could just put my kids in a plastic bubble because they are always falling, climbing or tripping over something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)