Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More Zoom or More Mega Pixles???? NEED YOUR OP! (making my final decison today)

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Witch Camera?

Options:

The First with more Megapixels

The 2nd With better zoom

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

Hi. I need to make a decision i have decided between 2 cameras

either the

Canon Powershot 10.0-Megapixel Digital ELPH Camera

Model: SD890 IS

that has 10 mega pixels and only a 4x zoom and the other

Canon PowerShot 9.0-Megapixel Digital Camera

Model: SX110IS
This one is 9 mega pixels but has 10x zoom. im leaning towards the 2nd one its not only cheaper but has a much much better zoom.

does 1 mega pixel really make a big difference???
your suggestions will be very helpful

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyinpink331
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:24 AM

bump

for poll added

JAX_Mami
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM

i will be honest and say i know nothing about camera's but the second one does sound better. maybe try one of the photography groups on here?

BUT

ladyinpink331
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:28 AM

thanks for your op. yes i posted in my photo mom group as well.. seems like too many people are not awake in that group yet cause i only received one responce. sigh. thanks i think im getting the 2nd one unless someone convinces me that 1 more megapixel is gonna make a big deal

Quoting JAX_Mami:

i will be honest and say i know nothing about camera's but the second one does sound better. maybe try one of the photography groups on here?

bxbsmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:30 AM

go with the second one. megapixels are only important if you want to print out large pictures.(8x11 for example) 

lbdm2002
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM

the zoom you are talking about...is it digital zoom or optical zoom?  that makes a HUGE difference.  If it's digital zoom..then pfft..go for the more megapixels.  If it's optical zoom, then the higher zoom is much more worth the money.  Digital zoom just takes the picture you have already taken and zooms it..making it appear grainy.  Optical zoom actually zooms in on the items making it much clearer and crisper.   

ChloesMommy1216
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Go with the second camera.  The difference between 9.0 & 10.0 megapixel is when you blow it up and Im talking poster size.  I would go with number 2 all the way !

ChloesMommy1216offer2sru.gif ChloesMommy1216 picture by Siggies_R_Us

paytons_mommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth, lol...

Quoting lbdm2002:

the zoom you are talking about...is it digital zoom or optical zoom?  that makes a HUGE difference.  If it's digital zoom..then pfft..go for the more megapixels.  If it's optical zoom, then the higher zoom is much more worth the money.  Digital zoom just takes the picture you have already taken and zooms it..making it appear grainy.  Optical zoom actually zooms in on the items making it much clearer and crisper.   

ladyinpink331
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Optical Zoom.

Thanks i really do think im gonna gett he 2nd one too me it seems like the better chose and its cheaper!

Quoting lbdm2002:

skuttle06
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 12:27 AM

read the customer reviews on it.  thats what helped me determine what p&s to buy.

ILovetheOutdoor
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 12:30 AM

hold on an i'll ask my hubby he's a big time photographer,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)