Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone help me with my 10 month old??

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM
  • 20 Replies

My 10 month old is a fantastic eater. She is 21lbs!!! She has been eating table food since she was 4 months. She is allergic to something in all baby food. They are thinking a preservative or something. IDK. But she has eats table food since 4 months. (spoon fed cereal since 9 weeks) For a couple weeks we have been giving her cereal with milk. She loves Cheerios and Fruit Loops. However, starting last week we started letting her drink the milk after she was done. (not sure if all of this has anything to do with the prob now. Just trying to list what has changed recently) Anyways starting 3 days ago we have not been able to get her to take a bottle and drink her formula. She has no interest in wanting her bottle. (she LOVED her bottle) But now she wants nothing to do with it. Is this normal? How do I know if she is getting the proper vitamins like what's in formula? Do I start to give her regular milk? IDK SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!  THANKS A TON!!!

UPDATE::::

OK SO WE HAVE COME TO REALIZE SHE IS SICK. NOW SHE WILL NOT TAKE ANY MILK WHAT-SO-EVER! SHE ONLY SIPPED REGULAR MILK HERE AND THERE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW. SHE WILL DRINK SOME WATER. SHE JUST DOESN'T WANT ANY MILK.

AND FOR THOSE WHO MESSAGED ME AND WANT TO KNOW WHY WE SPOON FED HER AT 9 WEEKS?? SHE IS EXTREMELY ADVANCED IN ALL AREAS. SHE WAS NEVER FULL. THE DOCTOR TOLD ME TO GO AHEAD AND PUT CEREAL IN HER BOTTLE. I CHOSE TO SPOON FEED IT INSTEAD.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2cuddlebabies
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:36 AM

try giving her formula in a sippy cup.

G.O - Celebrity Babies
 Everything Ohio - Playdate and MNO info
G. Admin -
Britney Spears Fans
Check out the 
Elvis Fan Group

ncxg
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Quoting ncxg:

My 10 month old is a fantastic eater. She has been eating table food since she was 4 months. She is allergic to something in all baby food. They are thinking a preservative or something. IDK. But she has eats table food since 4 months. (spoon fed cereal since 9 weeks) For a couple weeks we have been giving her cereal with milk. She loves Cheerios and Fruit Loops. However, starting last week we started letting her drink the milk after she was done. (not sure if all of this has anything to do with the prob now. Just trying to list what has changed recently) Anyways starting 3 days ago we have not been able to get her to take a bottle and drink her formula. She has no interest in wanting her bottle. (she LOVED her bottle) But now she wants nothing to do with it. Is this normal? How do I know if she is getting the proper vitamins like what's in formula? Do I start to give her regular milk? IDK SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!  THANKS A TON!!!

Thanks soooooo much for responding.

We did that this a.m. with breakfast. She still really wanted nothing to do with it.  Idk what else to do. Is this normal?

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I had this same problem after he had the taste of regualr milk..can you blame her?lol. I just let him start drinking the milk and he is perfectly healthy, he was closer to 11 months, but oh well. milk is healthy.Talk to your pediatritian and see what they say.

mommykelly3
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM

My son was the same way. If she is not drinking formula make sure she is getting balanced meals.  He was off the bottle and formula at 10 months also. He just did not want it. He is fine. He will be 3 in may and is very healthy. I would keep trying formula since it is good for her but just make sure she is eating haelthy.

mysteriousmom06
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I took all my kids off of formula around 10 months. She probably doesn't want the formula anymore b/c compared to the milk, if probably taste bad. I was the same way, a little concerned they weren't getting all their vitamins and stuff, so I just started giving them some pediasure with dinner everyday. Good Luck!

2cuddlebabies
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:00 AM

i am not sure if it is normal for refusing formula, i have a different problem my 13month old refuses whole milk. she would rather breastfeed. just keep trying and ask her pedi. about it. see if she can have just milk. i have heard of some being on reg. milk at this age tho.

good luck!!

G.O - Celebrity Babies
 Everything Ohio - Playdate and MNO info
G. Admin -
Britney Spears Fans
Check out the 
Elvis Fan Group

Dimples04

IF you don't already give her vitamins, Maybe soem poly vi sol vitamins and ask the pediatrician about giving her the reg. milk in the bottle.  Also you may ask about pediasure.  If the Dr. gives the ok on it.  DD drank it for about a yr after she stopped the bottle because she was tiny and a picky eater, I worried she wasn't getting all that she needed either. 

harvgal04

Oh my son didnt take formula from 10 months up lol. He is great and in perfect shape, except for his bruises he gets from falling or playing outside lol

underestimated8
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM

I'm sure she just likes milk better than formula, and who can blame her?!!  Lol.  But - if she's eating table food, and eating well, then she should be getting everything she needs from that.  Still mention it to her doc just to be safe; but what she doesn't get due to not taking formula, she should be able to get from her food.  So I wouldn't worry.

SxyPanamami83
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:03 AM

question!!! lol

sorry i made that big but neway op im not tryin to take over your post or anything. but I curious if anyone started thier kids on soy milk. The reason i ask is my daughter has to be on the soy formula due to an allergy with the regualr milk, so if im right shes going to be allergic to regular cows milk as well. I know growing up i was allergic for a long time and i just dont want to chance it with her. anyone?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)