Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP, ASAP-food

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

i need a snack to make quick! My dad invited my aunts and my sister down to my house for my aunts birthday and called me at 10 and they are coming at 1! Any ideas?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:09 AM

baking
Hi,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups...

Recipes
Crock Pot Moms
Recipe Swap!
HOME COOKING RECIPES

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
< Cafe GroupAdmin

CharmaineL
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:12 AM

You can do a late brunch snack - brioche, croissants, muffins, fruit and cheese on a platter.  Since there is a birthday, you can do mimosas to toast.

Triplestack318
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Taco Dip w/chips
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz Sour Cream
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
Mix these together and spread onto a platter or cookie sheet
Top with Lettuce, Taco Cheese, Onions, Tomatoes, and whatever else you may like

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM

My emergency stand-bys are

Take a box of cream cheese that is softened and top it with imitation crab and some pace picante and serve it with ritz crackers

a package of li'l smokies simmered in BBQ sauce

buy pre-cooked frozen meatballs and simmer then in BBQ sauce, teriyaki sauce, or cream of mushroom soup

cheese, crackers, meat, and fruit tray

i-love-my-irish-kids.gif
Stefanie - Mom to Irish Twins Liam Patrick and Molly Kate

bethmoore71
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM

A warm hors d'overe I grew up with, made by my Suzy Homemaker Betty Crocker type mom, was a cracker with melted cheese topping. She shredded cheddar, then mixed in chopped green onion and enough mayo to moisten it all together. Then she would put a spoonful on each cracker (she always used Wheat Thins, but sometimes would also use Trisquits). Then either bake or microwave until the cheese is melty soft. I know, ewww mayo? No, you don't realize that you are eating something with mayo. The cheese topping is melty soft and creamy with a light oniony flavor.

I've made this over the years (I'm now 37), and everyone has always eaten every single cheese cracker I'm made. Never leftovers, so that says something about the flavor.

"Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)