Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is already doing naughty things...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:14 AM
  • 18 Replies

We have a little tree in the corner of our living room. He's in his walker and walks right up to it and pulls it down. The first time he did it I told him that was naughty. Well...he does it EVERYDAY now. He just did it earlier and right when I pushed the walker away and put the tree back up, he went right back to do it again. He looks and me and laughs when he does it!!

I know he's only 8 months old, but is it possible for an 8 month old to know that he's doing something naughty? lol. I swear he knows, he looks at me with this little devilish face while he does it lol. I'm in for a LOONNGGG road ahead of me with this child lol!!

preview image

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazzyandpat
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM

i think they do know what they are doing.i think kids like to push your buttons at an early age. can you put the tree up higher where he cant get it?

DamiensMom07
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM

My son does stuff like that all the time sometimes I think that he thinks its a game just to see how many times mom will pick something up before he gets in trouble.

lacygurl2326
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:22 AM

girl mine's the same way. he's 18 mos old now but i swear he knows.   they also realize that they do something, you have to get up and fix it. i think it amuses them lol

trishasjunebug
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM

He likes to push my buttons a lot lol. He's such a STINKER!! The tree is actually in a big pot, so I can't put it up, I did block it though so he can't get it now lol. He's trying to get it right now as I type lol! And smiling at me while he's doing it lol.

Quoting jazzyandpat:

i think they do know what they are doing.i think kids like to push your buttons at an early age. can you put the tree up higher where he cant get it?

preview image

StrBryBlonde
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM

lol.... ahhh the pick up game.... isnt it great, lmao. ..... i hate the pick up game

Quoting DamiensMom07:

My son does stuff like that all the time sometimes I think that he thinks its a game just to see how many times mom will pick something up before he gets in trouble.

trishasjunebug
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:25 AM

I think it does too! Lol. Kyle gets a kick out of me yelling "no no no kyle james!!" he laughs and laughs and does it again lol. OH NO!!

Quoting lacygurl2326:

girl mine's the same way. he's 18 mos old now but i swear he knows.   they also realize that they do something, you have to get up and fix it. i think it amuses them lol

preview image

trishasjunebug
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM

So do I! I'll give Kyle a toy, he throws it, I pick it up and he does it again, I walk away and he SCREAMS AND SCREAMS until I pick the toy up and give it back, and it goes right back to the floor lol.

Quoting StrBryBlonde:

lol.... ahhh the pick up game.... isnt it great, lmao. ..... i hate the pick up game

Quoting DamiensMom07:

preview image

WhiskerLickins
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM

My son is 8 months old and he does the same exact thing with our tall lamp!  He rolls over to it and tries to pull it down.  It's nearly fallen on him a couple of times.  We had to move it and block it off so he can't reach it anymore lol

jazzyandpat
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM

the pick up game is so much fun.. NOT! my kids used to look at me as they went to drop the toy or what ever on the floor. then lough at me after they did it.

Quoting DamiensMom07:

Sonrisa502
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Yeah, he knows he is doing something wrong. I think he is just trying to push your buttons and see just how far he can go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)