Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a dork and this is probably a stupid question....

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

But I'm going to ask it anyway lol. So we left the door open to the back stairs where we keep the bags of dog and cat food. My cat decided that for some reason she needed to rip a hole in the dog food bag and eat it. Is that bad for her?

I don't know why she did it either. She has a whole bowl of her own food just sitting in the dining room.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lbdm2002
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:15 PM

lol..my MIL's cats only eat dogfood and her dog eats their catfood.  Weird bunch.

Daemons_mommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Lol well at least I know that my cat just isn't some huge freak.

Quoting lbdm2002:

lol..my MIL's cats only eat dogfood and her dog eats their catfood.  Weird bunch.

bluegirl3957
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:20 PM

There are different nutrients in each, but I don't think it will hurt your cat if it's an occasional thing.  Dogs and cats eat much worse.  : )

MommeeTo4
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:23 PM

on occasion it won't hurt, but not all the time cats need a nutrient called taurine which helps their eyes, dog food doesn't have taurine in it, and if cats do not get enough of it it can cause them eye problems and can even cause blindness.

4LifeTupperware
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:25 PM

It will not hurt them if it's not all the time.  Might get the runs, but other than that cat should be fine.

Dogs and cats need different kinda of things to be healthy, and need to be feed the right food to help them to stay healthy

Melanie, Wife for 15 years and a Mom, to 14 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 12 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 12 months old, and Tupperware Consultant!   "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last." 

my angel triplets 

cdnmom24
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Your cat might get the runs. Cats have a more sensitive digestive system than dogs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)