Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have mrsa!! And a few questions!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:49 PM
  • 23 Replies

I was diagnosed with mrsa on the 4th! I have had a severe headache for 3 weeks!!! the dr gave me vicodin for it!! the vicodin is not working!!!! at all!! My headache is still severe!!! I dont know what to do!!!

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lacy_2
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I don't know what MRSA is. However where are your headaches? Front, back, starting at the neck area and going over your head, over just flat out all over?

Brooke1212
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I am not sure...bump for you though! =)

c_boerman
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Did the doc give you anything for the MRSA?  It is EXTREMELY contagious so keep the area lightly covered and hands washed all the time!  I have had horrible MRSA outbreaks and have had my experience.

Headaches though maybe go back to the doctor and demand to find out why you are having them.  There are headache meds out there you can take daily or even meds that you ONLY take on the onset of a headache. 

KellyOh72
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Could the headaches be sinus related?

Lacy_2
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I get really bad migranes. The best thing that works for me is a hot bath. Soak in there and get a rag wet with the hot water and lay in over your head. Also a heating pad at the base of your neck and head works pretty good too!

anetrnlov
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:00 PM

What antibiotic are you on for the MRSA?  Is it something you have taken before?  Is there a chance you are allergic?

What about allergies?  Do you have them?  Could it be allergy/sinus related?

Do you wear glasses?  Do you need a new script?

Are you under a lot of stress?

Are you prone to migraines?

Like my siggy?  Click on it to see where to get it!

max05
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Quoting c_boerman:

Did the doc give you anything for the MRSA?  It is EXTREMELY contagious so keep the area lightly covered and hands washed all the time!  I have had horrible MRSA outbreaks and have had my experience.

Headaches though maybe go back to the doctor and demand to find out why you are having them.  There are headache meds out there you can take daily or even meds that you ONLY take on the onset of a headache. 

I don't know much about it but I heard it extremely contagious and I also heard you have it for the rest of your life. My friends daughter who is a little over 2 had it a few months ago. They think it came from when she was in NCIU from when she was born and it took that long to get her first outbreak. But not for sure cause my friend lied a little about the whole thing cause she didn't want people not to come around her.

But I pregnant and I said something to my Dr. and she told me that  she strongly suggests I stay away from the family & the house while I'm pregnant and not to encourage her to come to the hospital with the baby or even her when I have the baby cause you never know if the mom may have it.

My friend wanted to come see me a few weeks ago about a month after her child was in the hospital but I told her (as nice as I could) what my Dr. told me and she got upset with me over it. But I'm sorry I'm not going to take a chance like that.

Good luck, I hope your headache goes away. I don't really have any suggestions, talk to the Dr. again. I know though when I have a bad headache the worse thing for me is to be on the computer, the screen makes it worse.

Take care.

Tisha1115
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I would ask for some testing to see if you have a sinus infection. It could be a migrain as well. Check online and look to see if it could possibly be a side effect of the medicine. Or as another person said you could be allergic to the antibiotic, unfortunatley, there are very few ( actually only one I think) of meds the MRSA bacteria respond to. 

anetrnlov
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Quoting Tisha1115:

I would ask for some testing to see if you have a sinus infection. It could be a migrain as well. Check online and look to see if it could possibly be a side effect of the medicine. Or as another person said you could be allergic to the antibiotic, unfortunatley, there are very few ( actually only one I think) of meds the MRSA bacteria respond to. 

Vancomycin

Avelox

Clindamycin

Doxycycline

Minocycline

Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole

Linezolid

To name a few...

JennaInAlaska
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Where is the MRSA? Do you have a cut, lump or something? What does it have to do with your head hurting?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)