Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So....who IS hiring?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 16 Replies

my dh was laid off and is looking very hard to find a job.  Of course, there are none to be had...example - our local office had 129 jobs come in - for 8000 applicants.  Yeah.

So...we're looking at moving wherever he can find a job.  So, since we have people from all over on cafemom - do any of you live anywhere where there ARE jobs?!  If so, let me know 'cause we're willing to apply/move anywhere.  TIA

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hlewis
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

My husband might be laid off next week if there isn't any jobs coming in (oilfield).  Hang in there.  This is so scary!!

Delabe
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

maybe if you tell us what he does for a living...then people can point you to different companies....

anetrnlov
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Simplex Grinnell is hiring...they have offices all over the place.

Ladyinthewater
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I work for Disney and we are still hiring and we aren't laying off either...

Mrs. Kritterz being driven Crazy since 4/28/02 by my angel face and Married to my Jerbear since 4/13/2007, Lovin my guys.

SotilSol
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Try googling cities where the economy is still pretty stable.  I live in Austin (TX) and apparently we've got one of the best economies right now (from a report I read a while back).

hickory
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Awesome!  Checking out simplex and disney now...

He is a producer/videographer/photographer.  He's been in corporate, commercial, and television studies do still and video photography for sales, training, advertising, etc.  His latest job (from which he and the other producers in his office were laid off) was for Charter Media.  He wrote scripts, consulted with clients, arranged the sites and talent, and shot the commercials for local clients.

Thanks!!

hickory
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:50 PM

We've actually considered Texas.  So...do I google "strong economy" or just the city name?  I'm so lost! lol

Quoting SotilSol:

Try googling cities where the economy is still pretty stable.  I live in Austin (TX) and apparently we've got one of the best economies right now (from a report I read a while back).

LuvmySFSGT
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:51 PM

The military.

mrsmoore02
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM

My brother lives in Little Rock, AR and he said there are some jobs out there.  Not really sure in what though.

hickory
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:56 PM

This one is out.  The one area that is not a possiblity for our family.  But thanks!

Quoting LuvmySFSGT:

The military.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)