Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An interesting idea for "Dateline"

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I've thought about this for a while now...Dateline loves to do their "to catch a preditor" series...I think they should do a show in reverse...have a couple of people acting as men and when the young girls make advances towards the grown men they go to their house, confront the girls, talk to the parents, etc....

I think that while it doesn't excuse the grown mens' actions, there are a large number of young girls that are looking for older men and that we need to deal with that part of the problem as well....

just a thought

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heartsandskulls
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM

i think thats a fantastic idea....

pregnancy week by week
MomtoKat
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I would love to see that.  Cause how many young girls get online and lie and say they are 18 (yeah some look young but now a days 18 year olds look young sometimes) and what not and bait the men in and what not.

andrea_smkns
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Hmm it couldn't hurt, it might be good for the girls too, to see what kind of dangerous situations they could be putting themselves into.

Have the guy at the door carrying a bag full of duck take, rope, knifes,etc and see if they still let him in. As dumb as it sounds, I know there are some girls that still would let them in.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

SotilSol
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I actually read an article where a couple of people did that.  I think they were from some organization (maybe the same one that works with Dateline?), but it would be interesting if Dateline did a few shows on it.

andrea_smkns
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Oh and I think it be really good for the parents too see as well. Since I bet the ones with daughters doing this are the ones who think there little girl is an angel.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

iluvray04
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Sounds like a good idea but I don't think it would happen because the girls will be minors. I don't know how it is everywhere else, but here, when something happens, no matter what it is, they don't release the names or pictures of the minors.

SotilSol
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:08 PM

You're right, they won't broadcast their faces or names, they pixelate (blur) the minors.

Quoting iluvray04:

Sounds like a good idea but I don't think it would happen because the girls will be minors. I don't know how it is everywhere else, but here, when something happens, no matter what it is, they don't release the names or pictures of the minors.

mommyof035and6
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I think the parents can also give permission to release the names...they can also change the names for their protection...I bet they'd get a lot of viewers...it'd probably also open some parents' eyes

Quoting SotilSol:

You're right, they won't broadcast their faces or names, they pixelate (blur) the minors.

Quoting iluvray04:

adulation
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM

you know, i actually think that would be a good idea to give all us parents a better idea of how our teens act ...  i know i used to come on to older guys all the time when i was in high school... even being 18 or 19 makes it still illegal.

Then maybe they can suggest some dialogue on how to talk to your teens about that stuff.

adamjackie
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM

That is a good idea. Have the parents in on it so they can test their dds. If it were my dd and she did that she would never see a computer again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)