Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you not feel guilty?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

I really need help w/ this. I've always felt like everyone elses needs were above my own. When i was little I'd always make my parents buy things for my brother and sister before me. Then when I got older I'd spend my money on them, or my niece. Now that I have children it's a lot worse. My children are 1 and 2 and have more then they need right now. They have enough clothes that I wouldn't have to do there laundry for almost 2 months. I on the other hand have 2 pairs of pants, 1 jean and 1 lounging pants) and 2 tops (both maternity). I really need some new clothes I've went out and bought some new clothes not that long ago but after I get home I feel so bad b/c my Dh just lost his job and hasn't been able to find another. Usually the next day i go back and return them. How do I stop feeling so bad and get actually be able to go out and buy a new outfit?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
inluvwdross
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM

You deserve it mommy. You give, give, give to everyone else...Once in a while it doesnt hurt to splurge on yourself.

And even with DHs not working. If you couldnt have spared the extra money for the outfits you would not have bought it. 

Tha Name is Melissa. I am the mother of 3 lovely children, 2 boys and 1 girl.  My favorite color is red. I love photography and photo manipulation. I am a member of several photo editing groups. I am not a girly girl, Most people say I am just plain Jane..but I like it that way. I am in a bi-racial relationship, and I believe that Love is not a color.

ladybugsiggy.gif picture by angel_under_fire28

tdmag
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I always do that but then I was like man, I have nothing to wear.

If you are dealing with ALCOHOLISM you are NOT alone,if you or anyone you care about cant stop drinking.And its taking over your life,WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!

Hey its not just about our problems anymore,come have fun with us.Make new friends.Lets have some fun!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/94104

CLICK LINK ABOVE

We hope to see you soon!!!!!!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:50 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
< Cafe GroupAdmin

Feel free to join us on these CafeMom Groups:

The CafeMom  Newcomers ClubThe CafeMom Newcomers Club     Current Events & Hot TopicsCurrent Events & Hot Topics  
Advice for MomsAdvice for Moms 
    Kids, Fun & Photos!Kids, Fun & Photos!   The Cafe @ CafeMomThe Cafe @ CafeMom

redhottmama01
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I never feel guilty! I work and make sure all three of my kids have what they need,and as a mom...I deserve to take care of myself! I have clothes,get my nails done,buy my MaryKay makeup....It would be different if my kids had nothing....but they do,they have what they need.So do your kids.Take care of yourself!Just because we are moms,doesnt mean we have to feel guilty over anything! We are taking care of our families and everyone else....that is silly to feel guilty!Go get some things for yourself....by yourself!leave the kids with hubby!celebrity

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)