Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Orlando trip

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:12 PM
  • 15 Replies

We are going to Orlando for a World Bible Quiz tournament in June.  We will only have 2 days to spend doing attractions. My question is would Disney be worth it if we could only go the one day.

Question:  if you only had 2 days to spend on attractions, what would you do? I have an 8 and 4 year old.

Thanks for the help.

Brigette

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momiofcristina
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Animal Kingdoma and a Water Park like Aquatica or Blizzard Beach. YOU GOTTA DO A WATER PARK! 

preview image

preview image

PaigeElizabeth
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:21 PM
One day of disney is about all you're gonna wanna be there. Then I would do a water park, like Blizzard Beach or Wet n' Wild.
bcarmona
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Disney World would absolutely be worth it!!!!!  You can buy the park hopper tickets to go through all 4 parks or just choose one to go through.  Either way, there is so much to see and do at Disney that you will be worn out at the end of the day!

JAX_Mami
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM

in june the only park you're going to want to be at is one with water like wet n wild. the lines are super long at disney and its hot hot hot...

BUT

bcarmona
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I was born and raised a Florida girl and I gotta say the waterparks were not my favorite and seemed like a waste of time.  You have people peeing in the water and walking without shoes (all the foot fungus creeps me out) and there is a very limited amount of slides and stuff to do.  Then you have to keep on going back and forth to your locker for either sunlotion or money or a towel and you almost never are able to find a lounge chair to sit on because of how packed the water parks get on those hot Florida summer days.

2Dec.Boys
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studio's.

RedHeadMaMaOf4
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I am from Florida & I suggest 1 Day at The Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom & 1 Day at Universal or Universal Islands of Adventure. Islands of Adventure may be an even better option at your Kiddos ages...:)  

fairymom2316
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:49 PM

I think one day doing Magic Kingdom is enough. You have to take into consideration that it's going to be HOT and there will be loooooooong lines! The times I have gone, I probably have gotten more tired from waiting than walking around, LOL I don't know, maybe Sea World?? Islands of Adventure is fun too but it has alot of rollercoasters so if you don't like that, than i suggest you don't go there.

There is also Epcot, MGM (Hollywood Studios), Animal Kingdom..

come home

Missing you everyday, see you in my dreams.......

bcarmona
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM

SEAWORLD! AH, the happy medium between theme park and water park.

Quoting fairymom2316:

I think one day doing Magic Kingdom is enough. You have to take into consideration that it's going to be HOT and there will be loooooooong lines! The times I have gone, I probably have gotten more tired from waiting than walking around, LOL I don't know, maybe Sea World?? Islands of Adventure is fun too but it has alot of rollercoasters so if you don't like that, than i suggest you don't go there.

There is also Epcot, MGM (Hollywood Studios), Animal Kingdom..

PaigeElizabeth
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Another place that you kids might enjoy instead of wet n wild, is aquatica, its seaworlds water park.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)