Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this makes me so mad. has to do with a baby name and a store

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:12 PM
  • 143 Replies

but any who, we chose the name Macie for our daughter, i am due in about 2 weeks. well everyone,  my grandpa in particular, was like you mean your going to name your child after a department store, and i am like no,  we got this name from a baby book, our picking the name Macie has nothing to do with the store Macys at all. pisses me off, i mean come on , would i name my child home depot or walmart. what ever the name is going to be Macie and if others and family dont like it, who cares, haa haa, lol, okay i feel so much better, thanks cafemom for letting me vent this out.

do yall like Macie Renee

or Macie Nicole

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommeeTo4
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Macie sounds cute, my dd is 3 and her name is Charli

alot of people ask if it is short for Charlolette or Charlene and when I tell them no it is just Charli they kind of sneer and say that is a boys name or something stupid like that, I could care less though what others think

PaigeElizabeth
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:17 PM
Lol my daughter's name is Jacie. When I was pregnant people were always saying like JCPenny? No, not like JCPenny idiots, but her initials are JCP.
luvmybaby430
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:18 PM

i think Charli is cute, we cant help it we wont our kids to have differnt names, atleast were not naming our kids, coco and toast and stuff.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

alot of people ask if it is short for Charlolette or Charlene and when I tell them no it is just Charli they kind of sneer and say that is a boys name or something stupid like that, I could care less though what others think

luvmybaby430
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:18 PM

some people i tell ya.

Quoting PaigeElizabeth:

Lol my daughter's name is Jacie. When I was pregnant people were always saying like JCPenny? No, not like JCPenny idiots, but her initials are JCP.

maryhlangley
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I am sorry and I personally love the name. I have a friend with a daughter names Macey.

Dawnmyst
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM

My DD's name is Phoenix. A lot of people think I named her after Phoenix Arizona. lol. I named her after one of my favorite fantasy creatures.

Crystal Record Mother of Phoenix Record.Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

MommeeTo4
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM

exactally, I also have a Piper and I get looks for that one too

Quoting luvmybaby430:

i think Charli is cute, we cant help it we wont our kids to have differnt names, atleast were not naming our kids, coco and toast and stuff.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

luvmybaby430
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:22 PM

I like it cause it is differnt

Quoting Dawnmyst:

My DD's name is Phoenix. A lot of people think I named her after Phoenix Arizona. lol. I named her after one of my favorite fantasy creatures.

TessyCat
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:23 PM

My great-aunts name in Charlie. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

momcat437
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Can't please everybody---I think it's a really cute name!!

Dreaming of that Paradise Earth...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)