Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying clothes in between seasons AND sizes...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

Both kids need new clothes and I have the $$$ now... but spring could hit here in April or it could stay in the 40-50 degree range until early June... Old Navy has darling summer clothes right now but I have NO IDEA what size the kids will be if nice weather waits until June. Molly would have to gain 5 pounds or grow 3 inches or both to bump up a size, which could happen I guess... Liam is 12-18 right now but seems to be on a growth spurt... grrrrrr...........

Should I just get a few things to hold us over and pray I have the money left when summer weather hits?

i-love-my-irish-kids.gif
Stefanie - Mom to Irish Twins Liam Patrick and Molly Kate

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrsmoore02
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I'm in the same boat that you're in right now.  I'm going to buy just a couple of pieces for right now and then buy the bulk of their summer clothes a size bigger. 

begamom
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:52 PM

it's always better to buy a size up. Make sure they have adjustable waists or a lot of elastic and that shirts aren't TOO long.

monseymom
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I would buy a size up. If it's still chilly, they can always wear a jacket over summer clothes.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM

My husband just lost his job so I just sold a bunch of their stuff on Ebay to buy their summer clothes now while I have the money.  They have to have clothes and shoes for the summer!

247mamaandwife
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:49 PM
i always go a size up t be on the safe side! ;)
othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I would buy some in the size they are in now and some the next size up. Try to find adjustable waist stuff, shirts and dresses can be a little long. I always try to get the next size up. My three year old can wear between a size 4-6 right now so I always get big stuff because of how fast they grow.

RmeWifey01
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Think of it this way: if you go up 1 or 2 sizes you can always take in the waist-band and hem the length, or ask your mom or someone to do it. If you wait you might not end up getting good deals. What I do is buy 1 year out and up about 2 sizes. Last year I got my dd size 2's and 3's when she was 1 and this year they fit, except in the waist b/c se is skinny, but I can sew them in a little.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)