Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much should DD be eating?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

She will be four months next week and she eats about 5 oz every 3 hours or so, is that enough?

flower.gif flower image by StrawberrySapphires I'm Whitney, a 20 year old, bottlefeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering, organic baby food making, occasional cosleeping, vaccinating, non-CIO, pro-life, non smoking, non drinking, happily married, young SAHM to a beautiful and bright-eyed baby girl!

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
peachfuzz2009
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:47 PM
seems so to me as long as she is getting milk too.
travsmom931
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM

sounds like enough...she'll let you know if she needs more.  My son never drank over 6 ounces at a time and he was a chunker!!

wannabeamama25
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:49 PM

As long as her peditrician is not concerned with her weight then you are doing everything right. My DD will be 4 months old on March 13th and she drinks anywhere between 5 to 6oz every 2-3 hrs and usually around 3 or 4oz at bedtime. Most peditricians suggest waiting until 6 months of age to start them on rice cereal and 1st foods but you can try about now cause thats what i did just make sure to keep an eye on her.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Liam taking 28-32 ounces a day at 4 months and we introduced solids because out Pedi said that anything MORE than 32 ounces a day should be through solids.

At 4 months, Molly was only taking 18-22 ounces a day. She is a peanut!

i-love-my-irish-kids.gif
Stefanie - Mom to Irish Twins Liam Patrick and Molly Kate

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:18 PM

wave

Hi o0iluvmylexi0o

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Infant/Baby Groups

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

>>The Cafe Group Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)