Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheap & Easy Meals

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

Any ladies willing to share cheap and easy meals... I am budgeting and would love some alternatives to my "cheap meals" - Thank you!

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
markettby
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:15 PM

http://www.campbellkitchen.com/mealideas.aspx?rc=911

Here is a link to Campbells.... I hope this helps....

adri_nevarez
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Thank you !  I live in a small town with only one supermarket - so it is so expensive.  A regular meal's ingredients usually cost me at least $35!

Quoting markettby:

http://www.campbellkitchen.com/mealideas.aspx?rc=911

Here is a link to Campbells.... I hope this helps....

mommyfixitall
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM

chilly

1 can v8

2 cans kidney beans

1 pack chilly seasoning

1lb hamburger

just brown the meat and mix everything in a big pan till its hot. it take 15mins top its very low cost and if you feed picky eaters like me there is nothing 2 crazy in it.

markettby
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I am sorry..... I know that these meals are around 10 to 15 dollars. Good Luck

29Cassie29
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Cassie

(Mom to Isaac & Claire)

30andstillgrowi
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Taco Rice Meal

ing needed:

Lipton side dish Taco Rice  = !.50

1 lb hamburger   = 3.50

bag / block of cheese = 2.00 (( if not o n sale))

brown hamburger in a big pan with a lid

add rice acc to pkg directions,,,, (( leave meat in oan))

cook until rice is tender,,, add cheese put lid on, turn of heat dont remove

enjoy!!!!!

you can add a can of diced tomatoes after you brown rice cook for a couple minutes to get rid of "can" taste...

with the tomatoes it is a rounded meal for about 8.00 including tomatoes  we buy food when it is on sale we TRY to stock up but it is getting harder..... i have alot more i will come back.....

texaswonder
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I make a sort of taco soup.

1 pkg taco seasoning

1can of beans (whatever kind you like)

1can sweet corn

1can diced tomatoes

1 package of cornbread

1lb hamburger meat

I combine it all in a big pot and simmer it after the meat is browned.  If the hamburger meat is on special, I get the big pack and divide it up in freezer bags.  I also sometimes triple this recipe on a good week (when money is alright) and freeze itno later meals.  Works great.  I do this with spaghetti.  I buy in bulk and separate out foods.

ANother good one is chicken and dumplings (accept I buy the whole chicken and boil it bc it's only $3 a chicken here instead of $8 for boneless skinless etc)  and add biscuits and soup and that's basically it.

We do a can of tuna and a box of macaroni.  Tuna-mac.  NoT MY FAVORITE, but cheap as it comes.

Hot dogs are always cheap.  $0.89 For the cheap pack and $1 buns depending on the brand.  We buy off brand everything.  We live in a small town so I understand the cost of food.

adri_nevarez
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:22 PM

thanks ladies... my poor hubby is so tired of the same old meals... we just got an english bulldog that was so expensive and now we want to try and eliminate some of our silly spending... and eating out or ordering in (which was very common for us) has been eliminated!  i dont cook too often, so now I have to build up my recipes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)