Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car insurance...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

So on Feb 27th I was in a car accident.  My light was green and I was in the outside lane.  She could not stop due to the road conditions.  It had just snowed and the snow was still fresh on the roads.  She hit me in the front passenger tire and messed up the alignment in my front tires so my car had to be towed.  I called my insurance who told me to call her cause she was the one that hit my car so its their responsibility.  Well as of today she will not talk to her insurance company about the accident and her insurance company wont give the ok to the shop to fix my car or get me a rental like they said.  So if anybody knows how long can the legally do this to me or how long they will try to get her to talk to them before anything can be done.  Im going to talk to them one more time before I contact a lawyer cause I need my car.  My insurance company wont help me either since shes at fault.  There were no injuries and she was able to drive her car away.  Thanks.  Amanda

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Get a lawyer and sue her( or her insurance company)


Sick of the Drama in other Pregnancy groups ??  Join Me at Pregnancy Support- NO DRAMA

by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Was the other woman ticketed?? I would keep calling her insurance company. Bug the shit out of them.

I am sorry your ins won't help. That sucks. When my DH got hit last February, our insurance company got all over the other company for the claim.  

Kairi snowgirl

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM

 Did you call the police? There should be an accident report. There is a certain amount of time you should notify the insurance company, but I'm not sure how long it is.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I would call her and tell her either she reports this to her insurance or you will get a lawyer. She needs to be responsible.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:28 PM

You need to call the police about the accident if you haven't already. She can't stall very long, especially if there is a police report stating she was at fault (some girl backed into my car in a parking lot and an AMAZING bystander watched, wrote down her info and left it for me so I called the police right away).

I'm a breast/bottle feeding, co-sleeping the first year, kiss on the lips & tell her I love her every day kind of mom. I can let her CIO, but when she calls 'mommy' I'm on my feet and there in a heartbeat. I want my daughter to have many different experiences & to love everyone regardless of their's. I'm anti-abortion, for the right to bear arms, and completely against telling someone who they can and can't love. I can't always say I will respect your opinions, but I won't tear you apart for them.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:29 PM

There was an accident report filed and it did get sent in to her insurance company.  Im just so annoyed its hard not having a car and even worse cause my daughter goes to school and I work two jobs and one is in another town.  So im using my moms car when she doesnt need it.  Ive called and made sure Ive talked to somebody at her insurance company every day since its happened.  Ive even had them put notes on my claim stating that Ive talked to them.  Lol!  Im going to call again in the morning then if I get the same answer I'll call a lawyer and I'll let the insurance company know this too...

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Do you have her insurance information???  If so, you can call her insurance company and tell them what is going on.  They should be able to take care of the matter of the rental for you, etc  Also, were the local police called?? If so, they may be able to do something for you too. Hope this helps.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Wow, who is your insurance??  I have NEVER heard of a company acting like that.  Regardless of whose fault it is, your insurance needs to step up and provide the service you pay for.  I could see them not helping you if you do not have insurance to cover underinsured/uninsured drivers or covering damage to your own car.  But if you have full coverage, they should take care of you and go after the other company on their own dime and time.  We have had 3 accidents (2 totals and one repair) in the last 5 years- and we have NEVER had a problem getting promp help from our insurance company. 


         "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."

by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:40 PM

If you have full-coverage insurance then your insurance can sue her insurance for the expenses if your insurance has to cover it.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Call her insurance company and tell them that they can either give the ok for the shop and the rental, or they can deal with a lawsuit for the cost of the repairs, the rental AND the court costs, plus the pain and suffering they caused you by giving you the run around.  Most of the time threatening with a lawsuit will light a fire under someone's butt. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)