Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

uti question?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have had one for a month now.  Went to urgency care they put me on medicine for ten days didn't help.  Went back in they never changed my medicine they said I would be ok.  Thursday I went to my ob/gyn and they gave me a 3 day pill and today was my last day and I still have pain what could this mean?  Has anyone had the medicine not work for you?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
steelersmomof4
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:40 PM

bump?

LaciR
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I get 5 or 6 UTIs a year. For some reason, I'm just prone to them. I always have to take double the prescrips to gt rid of mine. I take a 14-20 day cycle of Cephalexin, it's the only thing that helps me. In your case, I'd be asking them about the possibility of maybe a kidney stone that is causing it. Other than that, I'm at a loss.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:49 PM

it could be a blockage of some sort that is keeping all the bactria in there.

steelersmomof4
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Quoting steelersmomof4:

bump?

Stephaniel28
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Every time I get a uti I take the prescription Macrobid (antibiotic) and peridium (sp?) for the pain.  Works every time, ask your doc if you can try that.  You'll feel better that day...promise

missbobbie
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Cranberry juice promotes a healthy urinary tract. I drink it because it is good but know that it also helps. I have only had one uti in my life but I know from experience that it should have gotten better by now. If it is not clearing up something else is at play here. Get it checked A.S.A.P. Untreated UTI's can lead to full on kidney failure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)