Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preggo and Can't Walk lol Any suggestions?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hello Moms! So I am 31 weeks preggo but having so much pain in my pelvic area it makes it hard to get around the house and do anything. I swear last night I cried myself to sleep lol. Tylenol is not helping. Mean while this is not my first preggo but my 3rd. I have never experience this b/4. I am scared they may put me on bed rest.  I will not have anyone to take care of me. I have a toddler too to take care of. You may thinking where is hobby. He thinks all he has to do is work and put food on the table lol Nothing else anything you ask him to do hardly gets done when it needs to be that is if ever gets done lol.

Anyways any ideas as to what might work. I just hope to make it past this month atleast lol Has anyone been through this pain?

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErikaM27
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM

yeah my dr said it's my nerve. I got a pregnancy belt and it helps so much with walking around i'm 35 weeks and that gets me through.

Mrs.Rossman
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

no sorry i just have pain from my siactic nerve none is my pelvis. hope you feel better

northernmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM

This is my 3rd and the first time that's happened to me too, i'm 37 weeks now. My dr said that there was nothing that she could really do for it, offered me a stronger pain killer which i declined (i really don't like taking pain killers if i can manage it) and told me that if it continued until i was 39 weeks she might recommend inducing me. The pain has lessened somewhat since then and then of course me being the gigantic klutz that i am had to go and slip on some ice yesterday and pull a groin muscle or something so now i'm back at square one. I hope things get better for you.

babies

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
jesamomma25
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Are you having a boy both of my pregnancies were just like that and the prego belt does help but ask your dr for flexeril (sp) they gave it to me in my third trimester and it helped a lot its due to pelvic spreading and your cartilage streching hope this helps

sanab
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Yes I am having a boy lol. I will look into the flexeril is a pain medicine?

Quoting jesamomma25:

Are you having a boy both of my pregnancies were just like that and the prego belt does help but ask your dr for flexeril (sp) they gave it to me in my third trimester and it helped a lot its due to pelvic spreading and your cartilage streching hope this helps

sanab
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Sorry to know that you are back to square one lol. Try and go easy on yourself.

Quoting northernmommy:

This is my 3rd and the first time that's happened to me too, i'm 37 weeks now. My dr said that there was nothing that she could really do for it, offered me a stronger pain killer which i declined (i really don't like taking pain killers if i can manage it) and told me that if it continued until i was 39 weeks she might recommend inducing me. The pain has lessened somewhat since then and then of course me being the gigantic klutz that i am had to go and slip on some ice yesterday and pull a groin muscle or something so now i'm back at square one. I hope things get better for you.

sanab
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Thanks Mrs Rossman): I hope so 2

Quoting Mrs.Rossman:

no sorry i just have pain from my siactic nerve none is my pelvis. hope you feel better

mrsfiles1206
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I was in the same boat not long ago.  I am now 36 weeks and no more pain (well nothing compared to it was) My dr sent me to physical therapy, and I got a pregancy support belt thingy.  The biggest thing the PT told me was watch how you walk and don't "waddle" that makes it worse. Work your lower abs and lower back to strengthe the muscles to help hole everything in place.  good luck!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I had this with my son, too, but not my daughter!  A pregnancy belt is what really helped me out.  Good luck!

mrsfiles1206
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Are you sure it was flexoril?? thats a muscle relaxor!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)