Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about pregnancy (warning-some are gross)

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

so this is my first pregnancy and I have a ton of questions. Sorry, some are gross, but really, where else can I turn. (I really don't want to ask my mom about some of these things.) I'm 15 weeks and

1. I'm still barely eating. I get full really easily. I eat small meals often but it really doesn't take much to full me up. When do I get to this "eating everything in sight" phase I keep hearing about? Also, still having a little morning sickness, altough now, thank God its actually "morning" sickness and not "all-day" sickness like it used to be.

2. I'm breaking out all over my body like a 14 year old. What happened to that pregnancy glow? This is just gross. But I'm nervous about using any kinds of harsh cleansers or chemicals on my face or skin. Anyone have anything good they can recommend?

3. (Warning-TMI- do not read ahead if you are finicky) So, some of us like to be clean "down there". I always hated shaving because of those little red bumps and wasn't a big fan of wax either. I used to use nair, but now I'm thinking thats probably not a good idea since those chemicals can probably get absorbed into the skin. Has anyone used Veet while pregnant? Anyone have any other ideas?

4. Good Lord, the cramps!!! How to deal?????

Thanks in advance!

~Bridget Eva

expecting babypuppy

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
stormcris
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Not everyone does the eat everything in site

You probably won't find much to help your face since it is apparently hormonal but just try washing several times a day with plain water.

Dont know about veet

Check with your doctor on cramps they are not the norm for pregnancy...doesnt mean something is wrong necessarily but want to check on it

vbongard
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM

The eating for two varies for everyone.  However, for me it started around the end of trimester 2 and the beginning of 3.

I used neutragena liquid soap for everything.  It is very gentle and does an excellent job of cleaning and getting rid of acne. 

I used to love the veet.  I used it up until I could not see down there anymore and then had hubby help out.  Of course he helped out so that it was totally bald.  With veet I only have to do it once a month so that is nice.

I do not remember ever having cramps while pregnant. 

sharonrena
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Congrats on your pregnancy.

1.  I never really ate a lot with either of my pregnancies.  It is actually better just to eat small meals throughout the day instead of larger meals because you are more likely to either get sick, get major heartburn, or just feel really uncomfortable because you are so full.

2.  It is just your hormones, really not much I can think of to help.  Sorry.

3.  Try using clippers at just the lowest setting.  This will keep you trimmed up without using chemicals or shaving and getting all itchy and bumpy.

4.  I never really had cramps. 

MikeysMom51108
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM

1. You may not get to the point where you're eating everything in site. I went through it the first couple weeks, then I was barely eating anything.

2. It's normal to break out during pregnancy. You could ask your doctor for a safe recommendation.

3. Nair is safe during pregnancy. My doctor told me I could use it. Although. I found out the hard way that I'm allergic to it....

4. Try a heating pad. It helps some. Also, tylenol is safe for pregnancy.

Congratulations and best of luck!

Proudbirthmom06
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Quoting IrishMex:

so this is my first pregnancy and I have a ton of questionsIt's natural to have lots of questions. I will try to help LOL Sorry, some are gross, but really, where else can I turn. (I really don't want to ask my mom about some of these things.) I'm 15 weeks and

1. I'm still barely eating. I get full really easily. I eat small meals often but it really doesn't take much to full me up. Eating small meals often is actually a good thing, It helps out with your metabolism. When do I get to this "eating everything in sight" phase I keep hearing about? Not all pregnancies are the same. Some women eat and eat and eat, some have a hard time eating anything. I had to make myself eat even when I wasn't hungry. Everyone is different. Also, still having a little morning sickness, altough now, thank God its actually "morning" sickness and not "all-day" sickness like it used to be. The sickness is also natural. Try eating dry saltine crackers and drinking sprite. It will help to settle  your stomach.

2. I'm breaking out all over my body like a 14 year old. What happened to that pregnancy glow? This is just gross. But I'm nervous about using any kinds of harsh cleansers or chemicals on my face or skin. Anyone have anything good they can recommend? I had this problem too. I used regular facial washes just like I did before I was pregnant. If you are unsure, talk to your doctor.

3. (Warning-TMI- do not read ahead if you are finicky) So, some of us like to be clean "down there". I always hated shaving because of those little red bumps and wasn't a big fan of wax either. I used to use nair, but now I'm thinking thats probably not a good idea since those chemicals can probably get absorbed into the skin. Has anyone used Veet while pregnant? Anyone have any other ideas? Talk to your doctor about any concerns you might have. Your doctor can advise you as to what might not be safe to use.

4. Good Lord, the cramps!!! How to deal????? Cramps I don't remember having but like I said all pregnancies are different. Everyone isn't the same with symptoms they have. I had no symptoms of being pregnant at all until I tried excersising and my belly hurt. That is what tipped me off to take a test. Then I started having symptoms. Talk to your doctor about any pain or discomfort you are having.

Thanks in advance!

Pregnancy can be scary, especially a first pregnancy. And a lot of people will tell you "Oh this is going to happen and so is this and this and this and this..." and so on...You know your body and you know when something isn't right for you. I can tell you I had several people warn me not to reach over my head or the baby's cord would be wrapped around her neck. Not true. Make a journal of questions to ask your doctor on your next visit, or if you are too afraid to wait until your next visit, call your local hospital and speak to a labor and delivery nurse. They can advise you on things you need to know. Congratulations mama. I promise when the baby comes this will all be worth it! If you need to talk I am here.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM

wave

Hi irishMex

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Pregnancy

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

>>The Cafe Group Admin Team

Septpreggo
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM

you should def join the pregnancy group i got sooo many questions answered there an congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)