Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so taxes has come and gone, and I spent everything stupidly and I'm left with maybe $300. Here's the bit though I want to get a house down by Fort Knox Kentucky, before my husband gets home from Iraq. OK seems easy right no!!! Here's where I need help...Now I was working, but had to quit my job to have my daughter, yes long story.......

#1 My husband sends me $500 a month for me and our 2 kids, now before you go OMG!!!! what an a**hole!!!! He also pays for my car, car insurance, buys me and the kids clothes, and sends me money if I need it!!

#2 I have to pay my mother in law $200 a month for living in her house, helping with grocerys also......

#3 daycare is 1400 a month for both my kids fulltime.......My daughter is 100% breastfed and I just don't know how I'm going to manage working full time and breastfeeding, also anyone by any chance used the militaRy child care, because that's what I'm going to try and go through and need to know exactly how much they'll pay!!!.......anyways another problem

#4 MAJOR PROBLEM I spend money like crazy, I have a spending problem....how can I stop that!! How do I save money? How do I budget? How do I stop going out to eat?? I'm 22 years old, and I've been with my husband since i was 17 so its not like I was living at home learning all these things...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated also adding me as a friend in caseI have another question would be awesome also thank you so much!!!

Sarah J

MISSING MY SOLDIER.....DEPLOYED FOR 6 MONTHS.....6 MORE MONTHS TO GO!!!!!

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Find someone to help you...your mom perhaps.  When you get money give it to her and have her put you on an allowance for what you and the kids NEED and the put the rest away for you that way you ar forced to save.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:50 PM

get a back account and put it in there with no card attached to it or checks. then put all in there. its such a hassle to have to go into the bank for a little bit of fast food and shit it wont be worth it.

TuckyGirl
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Quoting anetrnlov:

Find someone to help you...your mom perhaps.  When you get money give it to her and have her put you on an allowance for what you and the kids NEED and the put the rest away for you that way you ar forced to save.

Can't trust my mother or my mother in law...my mom has been known to spend money just like me, and my mother in law well I don't know her well enough to hand her over my money

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Only carry cash don't use a credit/ debit card. You'll be less likely to spend cash.

As for the military childcare centers. To send your children there its based off of income so you'd need your DH's LES. Or if you're talking about working there its based off of experience/ education. You can make anywhere between 9 and 14 an hour.

TuckyGirl
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM

well were in new york and my husband is stationed in kentucky but since hes deployed theres a program where the dod will help pay for childcare since I'm not at our base. Thats what I'm looking at getting.....

GabesMomma824
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Only carry cash don't use a credit/ debit card. You'll be less likely to spend cash.

As for the military childcare centers. To send your children there its based off of income so you'd need your DH's LES. Or if you're talking about working there its based off of experience/ education. You can make anywhere between 9 and 14 an hour.

Agreed. I'm not sure his rank or anything...but we had to pay twice the amount for an on base day care center than off post...It was CRAZY pricey!
GabesMomma824
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:21 PM
Quoting TuckyGirl:

well were in new york and my husband is stationed in kentucky but since hes deployed theres a program where the dod will help pay for childcare since I'm not at our base. Thats what I'm looking at getting.....

If your spouse is deployed you may be eligible to get 50% off...it's only until he return though.
mommy_moore23
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM

If you're really wanting to cut back on your spending and want to stick to it, start making lists.  I used to blow all of my money and would be broke the weekend before pay day!  I wrote down everything I spent and what I spent it on for an entire week and then went back through it and it really helped me to realize what was necessary and what was extremely frivolous.  In my case I knew I was spending too much on fast food and needless trips to Wal Mart, but I didn't realize how bad it was until it was actually on paper in front of me!

Tired of being ignored??  Come join us at the post killahs!!  You will always get a response on your forums!! big smile mini

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97050

TuckyGirl
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM

yes fast food and walmart is the killer for me!!!!

photoqueen240
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Watch your MIL carefully and her habits. If she seems careful with her own money and frugal, chances are she would be with yours too.

You need to start exerting some self control. You dont' need to go out to eat everyday. And do you REALLY need a new outfit or does something in your closet work just as well? That was my biggest problem for the longest time, clothes. I had to force myself to carefully think over purchases.

Quoting TuckyGirl:

Quoting anetrnlov:

Can't trust my mother or my mother in law...my mom has been known to spend money just like me, and my mother in law well I don't know her well enough to hand her over my money

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)