Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you ever missed a period and it was NOT due to pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM
  • 15 Replies

Im just curious about this whole thing.. I heard of women not getting their period because of stress, weight gain and loss, increase amount of exercise,stopping birth control..stuff like that..but I just wanted to know how often that actually happens.. have you missed a period and not because you were pregnant? how did you feel physically? when did you end up getting your period? was it a normal one?  sorry for so many questions Im just really curious..thanks! :)

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissiHampt
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I had Meningitis when I was 19, lost 35 pounds in 3 weeks and didn't have a period for 4 months. 

please forgive me that my responses are slow and my punctuation is lousy.  i'm recovering from surgery and can only type with one finger....but i'm a true cafemom addict and just can't stay away!

supergirl17980
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I didnt have my period for almost a whole year one time due to stress.  and then when i got it back i had to be put in th hospital because of the really bad pain from it.  no it wasnt norman it was for almost for a month and i didnt have a miscarrage it was jsut stress related!

nattybug
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Yup, happened to me. I didn't have mine for a month due to so much stress

Married to my sweetheart 01.24.09

Rhynestonefreak
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM
I didn't have a period for 6 months, the doctors couldn't find any reason for it. I eventually got it and it was a really heavy two week period. Then I was normal

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

Cherish77
by Cherish on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM

I have hypothyroidism, so my periods have been irregular since I was 13.

strongmom40
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Oh God it was like 20 years ago. It was for months that I did not have one. It was a chemical & hormone imbalance.

dorky_goddess
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Yeah, when I was in boot camp, I missed a period due to dramatic change in exercise.  I was already physically tired, due to all the exercise, so if my body was going through anything from missing a period, I didn't notice.  It came back about a month after I'd graduated, and it was normal.

pregnant
GabesMomma824
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:14 PM
I don't EVER get mine now...I have no idea why? I'm actually scheduled for a D&C to get it checked out because I have cramping, just no period. I'm 27...but sometimes I wonder if it's not hormone issues coming early? LOL. I haven't had an actual period in more than 2 years. I have had spotting from time to time...but rarely.
danarae1976
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I missed a peroid  the month before I got pregnant with my daughter. 

ebbierowe
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM

well when i was a teenager my period altogether stopped for about  6 months to a year cause I had crohn's disease and it wasn't diagnosed for 2 or so years....so my body was starving and shutting down....

american flag ribbon 
Kisser of Boo-Boos, Maker of Cupcakes, Planner of Parties, Chauffer of Child Stars, Giver of Hugs, Defender of Sweet Dreams and the completely exhausted Mommy of Asia and Roman

Tummy Trouble??? http://www.cafemom.com/group/85015

listening to tunes           baseball
Asia Briana             Roman Anthony
8-1-97                        6-27-01

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)