Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i be worried

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

My son is 8 months old he is not crawling yet and he is not able to sit up by himself he can sit alone if i sit him down.

banner2.jpg picture by Songtress1986

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BeckiSue
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM

My cousins son did crawl until he was 9months.

RmeWifey01
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:07 PM

If he is a chunky monkey then I would just ask a doctor what to do b/c i have known some little ones that were so chunky they could NOT sit up on their own nor crawl. If he is a skinny little guy then maybe he has no muscle tone in his tummy and arms. IDK, i guess i would still ask a doctor.

MissiHampt
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Every baby is different.  I wouldn't be worried yet, unless the dr is concerned.

please forgive me that my responses are slow and my punctuation is lousy.  i'm recovering from surgery and can only type with one finger....but i'm a true cafemom addict and just can't stay away!

kristyann40
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM

ditto!

Quoting MissiHampt:

Every baby is different.  I wouldn't be worried yet, unless the dr is concerned.

bonzai4evr
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:11 PM

My DD didn't crawl until around 10 months and didn't sit up by herself until around 8 or 9 months. Every baby is different.

I'm a co-sleeping, bottle feeding, disposable diapering Mommy to my miracle baby Madyson (9-16-05) and four Angels... Baby Rylie (10-8-04~ 5 weeks), Baby Taylor (7-11-06~ 5 weeks), Kanoa Albert (11-8-06~ 16 weeks) and Braidon Makaio-Keoni (1-18-09~ 23 weeks).

GabesMomma824
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:12 PM
I wouldn't worry about it at all...they all go at different times.
Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Molly is 9 months and just started getting up on all 4's and trying to sorta crawl. She can sit on her own but cannot pull herself there yet, although she has tried.

While I would not be concerned yet, I will tell you that Molly IS considered physicall developmentally delayed because she is not pulling to sitting or crawling yet. I would mention it to your pedi and see if they are concerned.

i-love-my-irish-kids.gif
Stefanie - Mom to Irish Twins Liam Patrick and Molly Kate

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Babies, do what they want to do--when they want to.   Mine is 16 years old now,  he could crawl and walk holding on to furniture....but he would fall over, if you sat him down...???   Just make sure your baby gets exercise, by being in a play-pen, or on the floor----as another mother told me..."Your child did not read, the baby book, he does not know what "they say he should be doing"....LOL....RELAX......Your baby will do stuff when they are ready.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)