Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It took ... long to lose ... much weight?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM
  • 16 Replies
Here's the question: How long did it take you to lose the weight you lost? And what did you do? I don't have much, just 15 pounds...but I'd like to do it in 9 weeks...is that realistic? Tell me your stories...
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi_val
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I gained a total of 6lbs(yes, 6) when I was pregnant, and I lost a total of 40lbs in about 5 weeks after delivery, how I did it, I don't know. It's to bad, I gained it all back.

Anyway, I've been taking Acai berry supplement and I lost 4lbs in the first week, however, you do need to exercise for the acai berry to work.

Stephaniel28
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I'm not saying this is the healthiest way, but I slimfasted for two weeks straight  and exercised4 times a week and lost 12 pounds.  It was the remainder of baby weight I had, so I was looking for a quick fix

danarae1976
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I lost about 60 pounds in less than three months. 

I did the  D-I-V-O-R-I-C-E  diet. 

I don't recommend it to any one.    

GabesMomma824
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM
Quoting heidi_val:

I gained a total of 6lbs(yes, 6) when I was pregnant, and I lost a total of 40lbs in about 5 weeks after delivery, how I did it, I don't know. It's to bad, I gained it all back.

Anyway, I've been taking Acai berry supplement and I lost 4lbs in the first week, however, you do need to exercise for the acai berry to work.

I'm with you...I gained 15 while pregnant ( I was ILL!) I lost it all right away...But I'm a nursing student and have gained again...UGH!

Where did you get the acai berry?
GabesMomma824
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM
Quoting Stephaniel28:

I'm not saying this is the healthiest way, but I slimfasted for two weeks straight  and exercised4 times a week and lost 12 pounds.  It was the remainder of baby weight I had, so I was looking for a quick fix

Great idea!
mousesmommy81
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Quoting heidi_val:

I was the same way I only gained 11 pounds when i was pregnant  with my daughter then when I went in for my 2 week incision check i had lost 40 pounds!!! I thought it was fabulous until I was told my thyroid was all messed up and now I gained all the weight back. It made me mad!!!

Momof4Girls30
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM

well they say only a 1-2 pound lost per week is healthy so going by that yes you could. you need to either consume less calories than now or burn more calories or both.

brittneyon
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:21 PM

i lost 20lbs in 9 weeks. i gained a total of 30. i havent lost it all yet, but i'm working on it haha. the first couple of weeks, pounds just fell of...idk why. now i work out at home 3 days a week. i'm starting a cardio workout soon too.

good luck momma!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Baby Icons

Age cannot define how good of a mother you are

Daytripn
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I lost 40 pounds (not baby weight) in 6 months taking Farenheit and walking 3 miles every other day. i gained it back in a year and a half by sitting on my fat ass doing nothing, so Im back at the gym and I had to order the Fareheit online. This time im going to keep walking  after I lose the weight... Promise!!!!

heidi_val
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Quoting GabesMomma824:

Quoting heidi_val:

I'm with you...I gained 15 while pregnant ( I was ILL!) I lost it all right away...But I'm a nursing student and have gained again...UGH!

Where did you get the acai berry?

I bought it on Amazon.com. GNC has it and so does Walmart, but everytime I went to either store, it was sold out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)