Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ummm... is that normal???

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have contractions all of the time and I have had them for months now... But obviously, it gets more uncomfortable the bigger i get.... anywho, I am having some *strong* braxton hicks contractions tonight (not unusual for me) but I can REALLY feel them down in my *whoo whoo* area... is that supposed to happen?

babies

pregnancy week by week

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mousesmommy81
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I can't help ya. I never had contractions when I was pregnant but here's a bump for ya!! Good luck!  :)

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Do they seem regular at all?Like as in getting closer together time wise? lol

nattybug
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I know what you are going through. I was having those when I was 29 weeks pregnant and the doctor told me I was starting pre-term labor. So she put me on bedrest for the rest of the time, but every day I was always told that they baby was coming so be prepared. So you may be going into early labor.... I would call your doc and tell them what you are feeling and see what they can do or tell you

armyvetmommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM

how far apart are they?  if your "whoo whoo" is in pain, better make sure no one is trying to make an early appearance down there, lmao.  hey i've seen it on tv!!  lol

emmasiggy
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
jessicer421
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I had those cramps also. However, when I went into labor the actual "labor pains" were much different. They felt much more like severe/extreme gas. Radiating from my back around to the front. Btw... i was 8 days overdue before I had to be induced. So it wasn't pre-term labor...

Like the other momma's said, watch the time and the intensity. Good luck! Hope you and the baby are ok. Please keep us updated!!

JaydensMommy107
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:45 PM

no they are not regular, thats why it wasnt and instant alarm for me.  Like I said, i have been getting contractions for months.  Since I was about 4 months along to be exact.  The bigger i got the more uncomfortable they got but never regular and I havent gone into labor thus far. 

Well friday all day I was having uncomfortable contractions and mild cramping, and the ladies at work said I looked pale.  I was also nauseous but no labor so I didnt think too much about it because I was feeling better toward the afternoon. 

now I am just sitting here and I am still getting contractions but I can feel the baby moving and what not, and I happened to notice that I really feel the contractions *down below* not painful but they have the potential to be... I don't know

Quoting coffeeluvnmom3:

babies

pregnancy week by week

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:48 PM

That would be you dialating mama...

Quoting JaydensMommy107:

no they are not regular, thats why it wasnt and instant alarm for me.  Like I said, i have been getting contractions for months.  Since I was about 4 months along to be exact.  The bigger i got the more uncomfortable they got but never regular and I havent gone into labor thus far. 

Well friday all day I was having uncomfortable contractions and mild cramping, and the ladies at work said I looked pale.  I was also nauseous but no labor so I didnt think too much about it because I was feeling better toward the afternoon. 

now I am just sitting here and I am still getting contractions but I can feel the baby moving and what not, and I happened to notice that I really feel the contractions *down below* not painful but they have the potential to be... I don't know

Quoting coffeeluvnmom3:

KatelynsMommy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:50 PM

almost 3 years later and i remember those pains. They started like regular braxton hicks, in the usual areas, and the moved down south.. and owe!!! I had them for quite a while too.. and they just kept coming till I had my daughter. It got to the point where i would have sworn she was trying to jump to get out.. I really feel for you. My dr had me on plenty of rest and LOTS of water. A gallon a day to be exact. I dont know how much it helped.. but might be worth a try. Sorry you are in pain!!

EsmeVincent
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I woudl say you need to time them and see how far apart they are and if they get closer together or if they get stronger...maybe just call and let your dr know about them...I got them when I was prego around 30 weeks(sometimes they made my whoo whoo hurt but I just figured he was pressing down at the same time) and they never lasted long...but they didn't get real real strong(like in tears pain) till after my water broke at 38weeks

JaydensMommy107
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM

bump

babies

pregnancy week by week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)