Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh my gosh the smell

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok so the other day a neighbor was over visiting and her little boy was playing with my DD. He I guess had too much orange juice and puked it up. All on my couch. I cleaned off as soon as he did it with whoolite and now my couch and living room smells like a mixture between old puke and whoolite. Then not like two hours later aparently my daughter had been giving the cat some of her captain crunch because he puked that up on the carpet upstairs right by my bedroom. I did the same thing and it smells like old puke and wholite also. I've tried spraying fabrize on it as well as the glade stuff and it wears off eventually and the smell comes right back. So if anyone has any ideas on how to get the smell out that would be wonderful. Thank you.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngelxBaby07
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:50 PM

My DD threw up on my couch like 3 weeks ago and I cleaned it up with a scrubby brush and cold water then after it dried i sprayed it with glade spray stuff and it doesnt smell anymore... 

jackie8380
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Don't know if this will work, but we used it when our puppy was potty training.  Its called Natures Miracle.  You can find it at most pet stores.  It works great for pet odors, and I can't see why it wouldn't work wonders for human odors too.  Good Luck.  It took the smell of cat urine out of my friends couch so it may be worth a try. 

Ask me how you can eat gourmet meals on fast food budget! 

eating

momcat437
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:53 PM

I've used this trick in my car, on mattresses, on the couch, rug, you name it---take a small bucket with hot water and dissolve about a cup of baking soda, and soak the heck out of the spot--I mean really drench it--then soak it up with lots of clean towels till it's about as dry as you can get it, then let it dry.  Works every time!

Dreaming of that Paradise Earth...

ajswenson
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Baking soda for sure....sprinkle it, scrub with it, whatever.  It is a natural deoderizer and works great at getting the smell out not just covering.  Our Great Dane got sick ---- BIG sick ---- a few months ago and that was the thing that worked.  I had to do it several times, but I didn't want  to have my baby crawling in that nasty mess or my toddler sitting in it....good luck.

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM

This absolutely works. Maddie puked up milk and this got the smell right out.

Quoting ajswenson:

Baking soda for sure....sprinkle it, scrub with it, whatever.  It is a natural deoderizer and works great at getting the smell out not just covering.  Our Great Dane got sick ---- BIG sick ---- a few months ago and that was the thing that worked.  I had to do it several times, but I didn't want  to have my baby crawling in that nasty mess or my toddler sitting in it....good luck.

allensavannahs
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:02 PM

baking soda, or a product called OUT you find it in the pet isle. its an enzyme and eats the acid from the vomit.

diluted pine sol works well

boyx3
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM

clean it with a mixture of vinegar and water.  If you have a carpet/upholstery cleaner, pour the mixture on the couch and then just suck it up. If not, Use a spray bottle and clean it with a brush. Good Luck.

StrBryBlonde
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:04 PM

baking soda is awesome at getting rid of odors for good

Quoting ajswenson:

Stephaniel28
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Quoting jackie8380:

Don't know if this will work, but we used it when our puppy was potty training.  Its called Natures Miracle.  You can find it at most pet stores.  It works great for pet odors, and I can't see why it wouldn't work wonders for human odors too.  Good Luck.  It took the smell of cat urine out of my friends couch so it may be worth a try. 

Yep, I couldn't live without natures miralce!!!  Gets rid of all smells and stains!!!

gm2swife
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 12:13 AM

thank you guys so much for all the advice i'm defenatly going to try it. Thank you so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)