Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP ME!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

I know I"ll probably get bashed for tell this but my daughter just turned 2 (yes, 2) and I still rock her to sleep. I am expecting another baby in April and I am wanting to stop rocking her. I am a single mother and can't physically rock two babies obviously. I know that everyone says just put her in the bed and let her cry and go back in every once in a while to let her know that you are still there and didn't leave her. This is my problem. . . I can't do that! I have tried multiple times in fact and I just can't do it. She is still in a crib too. I tried her in a toddler bed one night about a month ago and she fell out! So I am to scared to put her in one now. PLease help ladies!

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:24 PM

I really don't know how to help you. I'm sorry. My son is 17 months old and has been out of the crib for a month now. He actually just got his race car toddler bed today, I put pillows and blankets down on the floor just in case if he falls out. As far as rocking to sleep, I haven't done that since he was 3 months old. I hope it all works out for you.

Bens_momma
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:24 PM

If you don't want to let her tough it out on her own, maybe you should try the "Supernanny" method.  You place her in the crib and then sit on the floor by her bed.  If she gets out of her bed, you tell her its night night time and put her back.  The next time she gets out, you say nothing & just put her back.  Even though, she will be crying, I think it's different than the crying out method because you are right there.  You don't have to worry about her being scared and anxious all by herself.  Just an idea.  Good luck!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Shame on you !

No not really.  Know why?  I still rock my two year to sleep.  Yep and on ocassion he gets a bottle.  Poo on me!  I'm such a terrible mother.  Not!  You do what you have to do.  And please do not offer me tips.  I'm not asking for advice i'm just saying I understand where the OP is coming from  :)

shellakers
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Oh girl!  Nobody's going to bash you for this!  If they do, then they're crazy!  lol  A two year old is still a baby, in my humble opinion.  You're one of the lucky one's who still GET to rock their baby to sleep.  I think she'll naturally break away from you when the other baby is born.  I was exactly 12 months old when my brother was born and mom said that it was as if something majical just happened and I stopped being a baby so that he COULD be the baby.  I was also potty trained and broken from the bottle by the time he came.  I think nature just takes care of these situations for you.  So, for now, I'd tell you to just enjoy your 2 y/o.  Give her all you have to give before she has to share you with her new brother or sister:-)  Good luck! 

NJKL32107
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I still rock my daughter...not to sleep though, but I do rock her for 5-10 minutes before bedtime and naptime.  You can still continue this if you want. I just set my DS (whos 5 months old) in his crib while I rock her. Not a big deal.  if you want to stop though, I would just slowly take a minute off of your rocking each night, until you can just rock her for a minute or two and then place her in her crib.  Hope this helps! Good luck.

RmeWifey01
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:56 PM

My dd won't take a nap unless it's in the car so don't feel bad! Yup, every day I put her in the car and drive around for 30 minutes to an hour so she can get a nap! She's 2 also. As far as the crib vs toddler bed thing, my dd was climbing out as soon as she could walk so we put a mattress on the floor and let her sleep on that for a few weeks and thenmoved her up to her toddler bed. She fell out twice but has learn the perimeter of her bed now. We ordered her a big girl bed a few weeks ago and are waiting for it to arrive in 1 or 2 more weeks. Yaaay Tori (dd's name)!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)