Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

extra small dog owners, can I see pics and get some help!!!!!!Please bump!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM
  • 71 Replies

Hello ladies! We have lost our little baby to parvo this weekend and my hubby is taking it harder then my DD is. We have now bleached the entire house inside and out and even did the yard and the fence with that task being done I am now searching for an idea of what little dog we want next. Money is not an issue just something with some spunk and a little attitude because she will need it here LOL We have a cat and 2 other dogs that are now bored and have no idea how to entertain themselves again. If you could show me some pictures and what your favorite thing about them is and also what drives you nuts about them too, if the do drive you nuts.... I would be so greatful! Thanks ladies! Oh and what breed it is too would help me in finding them.

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:32 PM

bump

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I have a long hair chihuahua and I love everything about her. She is so friendly and loveable. She is a very good dog the only thing that is sometimes annoying is that if she gets really excited and you forget to let her out she will pee a little bit on the floor. For whatever reason when she gets really excited she loses a little bit of bladder control. Here are a couple pictures of her. I'm even going to include a video so you can see her being all hyper and crazy.

jessdamian77
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Omg this cracked me up

Quoting mom2acutiepie:

I have a long hair chihuahua and I love everything about her. She is so friendly and loveable. She is a very good dog the only thing that is sometimes annoying is that if she gets really excited and you forget to let her out she will pee a little bit on the floor. For whatever reason when she gets really excited she loses a little bit of bladder control. Here are a couple pictures of her. I'm even going to include a video so you can see her being all hyper and crazy.

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I know, she is crazy sometimes. She loves to play with my 17 month old son. She loves to be crazy and run around like she has had a bunch of sugar. She certainly keeps us entertained. Between her, my son and my husband when he is hyped up on sugar it's craziness around my house.

Quoting jessdamian77:

Omg this cracked me up

Quoting mom2acutiepie:

rebelrose13
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Here's mine. She's a Beagle. She's wonderful with kids and acts like one herself sometimes. Also, basset hounds are good too. You could also google breeds of dogs and read up on them to see what kind of personality is associated with each breed and what type might fit in with your family. ( just a suggestion) Ok so she isn't extra small, but she's a great dog and the breed is great too.

nebcutie
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:45 PM

OMG! That is so cute! Thanks for sharing. This is one breed that my hubby looked at but it is hard when you don't know all about small breeds. Thank you. I am going to show him your video.

Quoting mom2acutiepie:

mommytobe2290
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:46 PM

if you want small, go with a toy pomeranian, or a yorkie, theyre super cute, user friendly (lol) and they have a lot of spunk. yorkies can be upwords of 300 dollars i think, and im not sure about the poms - just ask if you have any other questions, i know a lot about small dogs

mom2ljh
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:46 PM

We love our rat terrier.  He's feisty, full of energy and quite spunky.  He also calms down and is quiet when necessary.  He's sturdy.  I don't feel like, if my son rough houses with him, he's going to break in half.  They're great little dogs, with wonderful temperments.

Amanda~Cloth Diapering, Non-Spanking, Attached Mommy to my little miracle, Landon Joel, born 6 weeks too soon, 6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, coolest kid on the block!

Then                                           Now

nebcutie
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:47 PM

We have went to some sites but when you try to narrow the search they all ask what breed and I don't know what ones are small so I thought I would ask here to get someides. Thanks for the picture she is cute!

Quoting rebelrose13:

Here's mine. She's a Beagle. She's wonderful with kids and acts like one herself sometimes. Also, basset hounds are good too. You could also google breeds of dogs and read up on them to see what kind of personality is associated with each breed and what type might fit in with your family. ( just a suggestion)

LilMama213
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:50 PM

i dont have any pics on this computer, but i have a min yorkie and its a great dog he got parvo and we took him to the vet and luckily he made it through he sleeps with my son everynight and is a great dog....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)