Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

V falling out?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just went to the bathroom and it appears that my vagina is coming out.  I just had a baby 3 months ago.  I am in a bit of a panic.  I am not sure if I should go to urgent care or wait and call my doctor tomorrow.  From looking on the web, it seems that it is called prolapse?  Anyone have any experience with this?  Thanks. 

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aichia
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:36 PM

It would be best to call the urgent care and see what they advise.

jennrn79
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Call your OB on call, they will tell you what to do

good luck, hope you feel better

luv2wahm
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:37 PM

call tonight...it does sound like prolapse.

khmommy04
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:37 PM

I've never had that but I think that's something you  might want to go to the ER for.

jessdamian77
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Go to urgent care of the ER. Especially if its as bad as those googled picks

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:42 PM

yeah sounds like prolapse. you don't need to go to the ER unless you are in pain or you can see evidence of loss of circulation etc. you should call your OB first thing in the morning though.

If you love playing on Pogo join my group http://www.cafemom.com/group/pogoplayersunite

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:43 PM

better yet, call the on-call ob, but I wouldn't go down to the ER for that right off.

If you love playing on Pogo join my group http://www.cafemom.com/group/pogoplayersunite

libra202181
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 11:44 PM

my mom had her uterus a few years ago prolapse and it was hanging out of her vagina. since my mom is in her late 40s she just had her uterus removed, but there are other things they can do put it back inside and hold it in place

redautumn2
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 12:07 AM

I called the on-call midwife and she told me to make an appt first thing tomorrow and not panic unless something else happens.  She said it is fairly common and to do lots of kegels and it will most likely eventually go back into place.  Thanks for your replies...very disconcerting to have your vagina suddenly turning inside out a bit. 

jennrn79
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Glad you found out something and are feeling a little better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)