Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A 2 year old with toenail fungus????

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 4:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

OK, so i just got back from the podiatrist with my 2 year old daughter.. She has had a problem with her 2 big toes for a while now, they are yellow, very thick  and brittle..So the doc Say's she has a fungus..Very uncommon for a 2 year old..And cannot put her on medication because she's too small..He gave a cream to try... But he said probably won't work...What the hell?? Has anybody else ever had this problem with there kids??? And what did they do?? Thanks girls!!!

by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
butterflygrl76
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Nobody"s  kid has had this????? please??????

jmom470
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 4:56 PM

My niece is 5 and has the same thing.. Use vapor rub it sounds crazy but works. Good luck.. Just rub it on the affected nails and let dry she put it on 2 times a day..

butterflygrl76
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Wow!!! ok i'll give it a try.....but how do they get this??? i give a bath every day..>>

butterflygrl76
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Quoting jmom470:

My niece is 5 and has the same thing.. Use vapor rub it sounds crazy but works. Good luck.. Just rub it on the affected nails and let dry she put it on 2 times a day..

Thanks!!

jmom470
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I don't know how they get it because my niece is very clean too but the medication they gave my sister didn't work and that's when somebody else told her to use the vapor rub..

butterflygrl76
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Ok i'll try it!! Thanks soo much for the help!!!

Quoting jmom470:

I don't know how they get it because my niece is very clean too but the medication they gave my sister didn't work and that's when somebody else told her to use the vapor rub..

butterflygrl76
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 8:35 AM

nobody else with this problem??? ive never heard of a 2 year old with this??

deanna81
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM

my two youngest got a toenail fungus.  They went to a birthday party at one of those places with the moonwalks and stuff, they kept their socks on but it didnt help.  NOTHING helped we just kept it clean and it finally went away.  Its very uncomfortable for them I am so sorry she has to go through that.

butterflygrl76
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 6:49 PM

OHHH MY GOSH!!!! SOO IT GOES AWAY ON ITS OWN AFTER ABOUT HOW LONG?

Quoting deanna81:

my two youngest got a toenail fungus.  They went to a birthday party at one of those places with the moonwalks and stuff, they kept their socks on but it didnt help.  NOTHING helped we just kept it clean and it finally went away.  Its very uncomfortable for them I am so sorry she has to go through that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)