Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

8 mth old ate bodureaux's butt paste HELP

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 10:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
My 8 mth old got s little boudreaux's butt paste in his mouth while I was changeing him.  I'm not sure how much he had on his fingers or if any really made it in his mouth but it did hit his chin.  My aunt told me not to worry and just give him water since it's not like he ate straight from the tube but has this happended to anyone?  What should I do?


by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
yelhsals21
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 10:12 AM
He'll probably be just fine, that stuff is non-toxic.  I think my son ate some of his poo once...it shot out the diaper and a little got on his hand.  But nothing happened to him at all...so I would imagine that butt paste won't do any harm either.  You could call the poison control center just to make sure if you're that worried about it.  Personally, I would not worry to bad.
Callicia143
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 10:12 AM
it is ok, they arent worried about the ingredients when they say to call poison control, they are worried about him getting it stuck in his throat, it is a choking hazard. my daughter ate a+d once.

Visit or join my groups, we would love to hear from you.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/stupidreasons, for those who like freedom of speech http://www.cafemom.com/group/mixedmarriagemixedchildren for those who are in mixed relationships
http://www.cafemom.com/group/CMA for cafemom addicts
http://www.cafemom.com/group/betweenthesheets For sex tips and info

littlebooda
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 10:16 AM
My son, when he started walking, stick his finger in the dish detergent while i was putting the bottle away.  He had less than the tip of a pencil on his finger but before I could grab his hand to wash it, the finger went in his mouth.  I FREAKED OUT!!!!  I called poison control and she told me to give him milk.  something about the milk would neutralize the acidity.  She also told me not to give him water since that would cause a bad reaction.  She also assured me that it probably wouldn't hurt him since it was such a little amount.    I'm sure she had a good chuckle about new mothers!  lol
linda4
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 10:17 AM
I really don't think it is going to hurt your baby. My sister came over yesterday and she had this white stuff on her lip and I asked her what it was and her reply was diaper rash cream! I gave her this funny look and said why do you have it on your lip? She said that she has a cold sore and that it helps heal it. Any ways that is one reason why I don't think it will hurt your little one.
teegrumpee
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 10:18 AM

He should be ok. I caught my 2 year old trying to eat his Balmax already and it didnt do nothing to him.

nme2469
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 10:46 AM
Thanks for the help.  I called the butt paste company and got the # to poision control and they said he should be fine.  If it was only  a little just to give him something to drink to wash it down.  If he would of ate a mouth full or something then he would vomit but any way it's not anything to bring him to the hosital for it's not really toxic in that way.  

Breathing....  I am such a nervous mom.  First child and I have little experience around children so I don't know much but ds son is fine and crawling around not even knowing I"m here panicing. Thanks for the help.

Poision Controll # is 800-222-1222 (that's for the US) in case someone else doesn't know it. 


marias_mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2007 at 4:37 PM
I had a bad experience with diaper rash cream, I came home one day and sat my daughter on the rug so I could turn on the lights, well by the door was the chewed tube of diaper rash cream (my dog had went to town.) So I turn to make sure my daughter couldn't get any of the tube that was on the floor, there was vomit EVERYWHERE!!! My dog had gotten sick in 10+ spots, one right by my daughter who had (between me going to the light switch and turning around) stuck some in her mouth. I also freaked and called 911 to get the poison control number (it wasn't listed on the tube, just to call them if ingested) so they also sent the fire department over. They smelled her breath (while I was on the phone with 911 I was also rinsing her mouth out with water) and said that if she had swallowed enough to hurt her then it would still be on her breath. So needless to say everything was fine and I had one hell of a mess to clean up, the dog is fine too, but I am super careful to keep the cream in a drawer instead of on the changing table so my dog can't do that again. Sorry so long, your baby is probably fine, just watch her for any type of reaction, and most likely she will vomit if she got too much in her system.

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/marias_mommy
Rileyangel
by on Sep. 1, 2007 at 1:01 PM

My daughter did the same thing. We called poison control right away and they said it would take a MASSIVE amount to hurt her. I was pretty scared though


Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)