Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Job where I can bring my child with me

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am needing to get a job to help out with the bills. I have a Bachelors in Child Development but have not worked since I got it. I really do not want my child to go to daycare. I have tried the at home things but selling is not for me and neither is the "pyramid" type jobs or recruiting. I am looking for  a job where I can take him with me. I have been out of the workforce for so long I do not even know if these jobs exist.

I rent a house and have big dogs so a home day care is out

Thanks

by on Mar. 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 21, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I'm sure there might be others, but the only thing I can think of is if you actually worked at a daycare or gymboree type place.  Maybe even a gym/work out place with a daycare.

~Jill~

mrs.will
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT USED TO WORK AS A NANNY. SHE WATCHED A LITTLE BOY AT HIS HOME AND WAS ABLE TO TAKE HER SON WITH HER. MAYBE THAT IS AN OPTION SINCE YOU DO HAVE TRAINING IN THAT AREA.

momof3n1
by on Mar. 21, 2009 at 6:30 PM

bus driver,other than that i dont know sorry

JenB1983
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2009 at 6:33 PM

I get to take my kiddos to work with me....but that's because I work very part time(for minimum wage) at our local YMCA in the childwatch.  I mainly do it to have the chesp($5/month) family membership, and then 1/2 off all the classes(swimming lessons, sports,etc) that I want to put my kids in.  I didn't need the job(or even particularly want it LOL); but I thought it would be good to have something that required me to get out of th ehouse when DH was deployed.

Amey0785
by on Mar. 21, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Nanny! I am a nanny and I get to take my DD with  me. I found my job at Nannies4Hire.com. They have a place where you specify if you will bring your children with you or not. I get paid $350 a week to watch one child, while a friend of mine gets paid $600 a week to watch 4. (plus her own)

Quoting mrs.will:

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT USED TO WORK AS A NANNY. SHE WATCHED A LITTLE BOY AT HIS HOME AND WAS ABLE TO TAKE HER SON WITH HER. MAYBE THAT IS AN OPTION SINCE YOU DO HAVE TRAINING IN THAT AREA.

Mama2HannahLynn
by on Mar. 21, 2009 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

A nanny or daycare(outside the home), or something from home... but those jobs are hard to find.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

devasmom
by on Mar. 21, 2009 at 7:16 PM

My SIL and brother rent a home and have 2 dogs, one is a big dog - chocolate lab. They run a home daycare center. To be licensed she just had to show that the dogs are kept out of the play areas. She makes good money. Another option would be to look for a home daycare or pre-school that would allow you to bring your own child with you. When I was pregnant with DD, I worked at a home daycare and I was allowed to bring my son (he was 1 year at that time).

of 6of 3 beautiful girls

TiaandJayShawn
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM

My son is almost a year and I'm looking for a job that I can take him with me to. I wasn't able to get any college degrees before he was born so I'm just working with my hiighschool diploma.

TheColorOfBlood
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Depending on the size of the town or strict of the board rules. I live in a town of 5000 where we are allowed to bring children with us to work. But I trained and started in dalas where this was a noooo no. Children were or isd students were not allowed on busbarn property.

Quoting momof3n1:

bus driver,other than that i dont know sorry

daydreamer3
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Nanny?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)