Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm a newbie here

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 5:43 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hi my name is sherryjo...going by sjosie . I'm soon to be 54, been married 34 years and four grown kids, three grandbabies.  Been pretty much a stay at home mom, but now find myself looking for work and not having much luck (probaly age...and I'm overweight...even though neither should be a reason.....) I've checked into gastric bypass....but still a little scared to have surgery.
I found cafemom by a popup on myspace so thought I would check it out. 
Any other 50 something mom's out there.  Feel at this age things should be getting easier...but seems like the finances just keep squeezing the dickens out of us.
My hubby is a minister of a very small rural church and works cooking at a school to suppliment the non-existant salary from the ministry.  At least we have health ins. from the school.
Well thats my life ....not too exciting eh! 
have a good evening.
sjosie
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
christykhudson
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 9:29 AM
Just wanted to say hello.. I am not a 50 something mom.. but am a 30 something mom... :)

I never thought life past 25 when I was little and each day after that has just been an adventure of un-charted territory.. I don't know that life ever gets "easier".

~smiles~
questioning
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 9:52 AM
Innocent Good morning sjosie,
  I am a also a newbie and I am 44 something soon to be 45. I have been married for 16 yrs. and have 2 boys 6 yrs.old with Autism and a 15 year old with a drivers permit. Yeah, what a difference.......... But every one tells me that God only sends someone things that they can handle. I do my best everyday, some days are more diffucult than other!
Keep in Touch,
Inquisitive
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN