Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Oldest possible age to get pregnant?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:03 AM
  • 10 Replies

What is the oldest possible age to have a child?I'm not asking genius world record age, but the average age to do it naturally..

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge TickerBaby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rag_dollmom
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:04 AM

I guess a woman could get pregnant until they hit menopause; my mil is 52 and still has her period so, she could still get pregnant.

altavt
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I had number 6 at 42!  No problems and loved every minute of it!

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I agree with the PP probably until one hits menopause which normally could anywhere between mid 40's -60's.

"How many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned? How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry? And how many deaths will take till he knows that too many people have died? How man years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesnt see? The answer my friends is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind."-Bob Dylan

tdmag
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Holy crap like 50

Come though the Looking Glass    http://www.cafemom.com/group/101126 I dare you!

xhighonlovex
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Quoting Ziggy.Stardust:

I agree with the PP probably until one hits menopause which normally could anywhere between mid 40's -60's.

Wow I couldn't imagine getting pregnant at 60!!

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge TickerBaby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

staci1103
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:10 AM

medically possible until a woman starts menopause but who knows if it's physically possible for every woman at that point.

momtoonecuteboy
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Not sure I would guess mid 50s most would not be able to get pregnant.  My bio dads mom was 51 or 52 when she had her last child.  She lived to see that child turn 50.

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Me either!!!  I remember a story in my city, when I was like 12, about a 60 year old lady who had just given birth to a naturally conceived baby, that was 10 years ago. I doubt it happens that often. You'd be almost 80 when they graduated high school!

Quoting xhighonlovex:

Quoting Ziggy.Stardust:

Wow I couldn't imagine getting pregnant at 60!!

"How many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned? How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry? And how many deaths will take till he knows that too many people have died? How man years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesnt see? The answer my friends is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind."-Bob Dylan

wahea
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I had my fifth child at 42 1/2 with no problems.  You can get pregnant until the END of menapause.  During M your periods and such are irregular but you can have an oops during that time... late in life child.  I had more problems getting pregnant at age 33 than I did at 40......go figure.

wahea

mom of five

nana mimzy of 1

MamaCarley
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I know it's in the 40's or 50's.

however most doctors will tell you that the older you are when you conceive the more likely a woman is to have complications. I'm not sure of statistics on this, but i know my doctor has told me that after 35 most women would be considered high risk.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN