Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I REALLY need some help with this!

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 11:37 PM
  • 9 Replies
ok i am trying to find information on how to turn in a child molester. If you're wondering why, i wrote about it in my journal so you can all check in their but i warn you it is pretty long. Anyways, i have looked everywhere and only things i can find is how to find a child molester in your community or news stories about child molesters/pedophiles/and the like.... honestly its a bit more complicated then just going to the police station so i am trying to find more info on it. anyways, if you know of any websites or groups or anything that can help me turn a sicko in i would GREATLY appreciate the help! thanks.

Jess
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jerszedragon
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 11:42 PM
there is a web site that posts this info, but I dont remember what it is!!  I will try to find it for you though!!  I'll get back to you if I can find it again!!
molliesmama
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 11:44 PM

I don't know of anything that may help you out, but I just couldn't read your journal and not write.  I will be thinking of you and I will do a little research myself to see if I can come up with anything.  They really don't teach us much about this part, do they?????

Blessedbymany
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 11:49 PM
I'm sorry but it IS as simple as calling the local police department. You can also call children's protective services to protect your s-i-l. You may have to call & report this family quite a few times but if it were me I'd be calling at least once every day until I was heard!!!
Ninjabear
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 11:53 PM

Quoting molliesmama:

I don't know of anything that may help you out, but I just couldn't read your journal and not write.  I will be thinking of you and I will do a little research myself to see if I can come up with anything.  They really don't teach us much about this part, do they?????

sadly no they dont.... they tell you all about how to prevent it and stuff but not much about how to take care of the problem once it has happened.
Mikelsmommy
by on Mar. 31, 2007 at 11:53 PM
Megans Law is a place that I believe may be able to help. Have you called your local police apartment? I know they will be able to help and if not locate you to the correct place. Good Luck and thanks for keeping our kids safe,
Lori
SkyMonkey
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 12:55 AM
I seriously wish I had something great to offer, but I would say that you should hypothetically bring it up to this social worker.  Granted if you casually bring it up, than she is going to know something is up but what more can you do?  I wish you the best and please let us know how it goes.
Robin
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2007 at 9:42 AM
Hi Jess,

I'm really upset to har about this situation (I read your journal post, too).  There are a few people and groups here that may be able to help.

You can go to these groups and post there and you may also want to send a private message to the Moms who run those groups.

A Child's Voice @ the Cafe   - run by mommamoxie

Mutha's Making A Difference  - run by HeadMutha

mothers against child predators and domestic violence - run by jacqui

Please keep me posted...you can send me a private message, too...  when you go to someone's page by clicking on their screenname - next to their picture click "send a message' - that's  private message.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Robin

tyfry7496
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 11:13 AM
Try social services/DCFS or whatever the department is called in your area.  Check with the school system or a daycare, they are mandatory reporters and can lead you in the right direction.
halfpintzt1
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 11:34 AM
Hi, Turn him in at the childwarefare division or get a hold of the rape crisis center, by the way I have been through this, my ex husband molested 5 of my children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN