Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Chicken Pox Question (Pox Party)

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM
  • 44 Replies

I know this sounds strange, but we just moved back to the Kansas City area.  I am wondering if any mothers between NKC, Smithville, Weston and the St. Joe area know of anyone with chicken pox.  We are looking to expose our girls and boys, so they can get it early, rather than when they are older (teens/adult).  If you have kids with chicken pox, or know of anyone in this area, please let me know.  Our oldest 2 did get vaccinated against it, so I don't know if it will do much to expose them, but my 3rd dd is only partially vaccinated (no vaccination for chicken pox), and my other 2 boys are not vaccinated, so I want them exposed too.

I have tried several groups (including my anti-vax groups), but nobody knows anyone with chicken pox in my area.  I'm just trying to find someone. 

Thanks so much.  :)

**April 21**  Still looking for anyone near KCMO with Chicken Pox. 

**July 2**  Still looking HOWEVER I will be gone for a week, so keep me in mind and I'll be back in a week.  If your little ones (or anyone) gets it after Wed July 8, I'll be available.

girl giving flower                    Happy Outgoing Mothers Enjoy 

Schooling Children Home Out Of Love  =  HOMESCHOOL

by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi1439
by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM

i wish i could help! i partially vaxed my dd too, i wish i hadnt.

dotesgirl
by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't quite understand why you would want to expose your kids to chicken pox.  Clearly if the older kids were vaxed against chicken pox, you are not against vaxing your kids.  Why not just vax your younger kids too?

AmberDR
by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 11:00 PM

bump

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Quoting dotesgirl:

I don't quite understand why you would want to expose your kids to chicken pox.  Clearly if the older kids were vaxed against chicken pox, you are not against vaxing your kids.  Why not just vax your younger kids too?

We stopped vaccinating because we started studying about them when our 3rd dd starting having reactions to them.  We no longer vaccinate any of our children.  Unfortunately, since so many do, it is hard to get chicken pox exposure.

Where mothers can get together, discuss and debate anything.

Radical Debate

heidi1439
by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM

varivax is only effective for an estimated time of 6-10 years. some people prefer natural or lifetime immunity

Quoting dotesgirl:

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I may have found someone.  :)  A lady I go to church with has a grand baby who is visiting his cousin today.  The cousin came down with chicken pox a few days ago, so she said that if he gets it, she'll give me a call.  :)

Radical Debate

heidi1439
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 9:56 PM

that is great! good luck mama!

Quoting kcangel63:

I may have found someone.  :)  A lady I go to church with has a grand baby who is visiting his cousin today.  The cousin came down with chicken pox a few days ago, so she said that if he gets it, she'll give me a call.  :)

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Well, that fell through.  Good for her grandson.  Too bad for my kids. 

Still looking for someone near KCMO with Chicken Pox.

Quoting heidi1439:

that is great! good luck mama!

Quoting kcangel63:

Radical Debate

CTRedSoxMom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I wish I could help you.
About 6 weeks ago my husband got shingles and my son didn't get the pox, I was so mad!

April is Cesarean Awareness Month! 

gogogadgetgal
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Quoting kcangel63:

Whoo-hoo! GL to ya, & if that doesn't work out make a post in a non-vax grp saying you're looking for a pox party.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN