Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

"Massage Parlors"

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok now I admit I can be naive but the bar I work at is in a hotel and there are 3 other hotels within walking distance and there is this little "massage parlor" that is open 24 hours.  So being that its open 24 hours I assumed that you could get a massage and then pay for a "happy ending" but I had a customer last nite that told me about the place and it really is just a glorified whore house.  Is this somthing that they have everywhere am I that out of the loop I thought that was illegial.  Hmm just some odd questions out of boredom

by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dgmazy
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:31 PM

there was a huge bust on "massage parlors" near clarksville, tn recently.  unfortunately, they exist everywhere.

busymomma75
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I often wondered the same thing myself. A guy my SO works with goes to one away from where we live ( we have some close by) anyways he goes there and then later takes a shower at his cousins house instead of at home! Now why go through all that trouble if it is a legal regular massage? Yeah He has a girlfriend who doesn't know, my SO thinks he is weird

vintage_pearl4
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Yep, they have them in a lot of cities, and they are illegal.  I like to watch those documentaries they do sometimes on MSNBC.  They aren't advertised as whore houses, and they are very careful not to say exactly what goes on there.  When they do the raids, they usually find beds in the back and no one there is a licensed masseuse.  Those places are also hot spots for trafficked women, which is really sad.

bookwriter4kids
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Sadly, they do exist in other places.  Yes, they are illegal.  I heard of one in another state that was under investigation.  Someone called the police to tip them off and sure enough....all those files....not kept secret.  The place was shut down and SEVERAL customers....arrested.

sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:35 PM

We have a couple around here but they get shut down and open up again in a new location.   Most are legitimate massage parlors that offer "extras" but apparantly they are cautious about the offers. 

sllytnkrbl.gif picture by bamsmom2001siggies

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:35 PM

I have been a massage therapist for two years, anything that says Massage Parlor, is not doing anything that is legal!!!! Might make someone very happy but not legal!

jen_jen7
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Yeah the guy I had telling me about it last nite told me that they washed him off before and after and stuff then proceeds to show me the pictures of his 8 month old twin daughters and tell me how great his fiance is.

Quoting busymomma75:

I often wondered the same thing myself. A guy my SO works with goes to one away from where we live ( we have some close by) anyways he goes there and then later takes a shower at his cousins house instead of at home! Now why go through all that trouble if it is a legal regular massage? Yeah He has a girlfriend who doesn't know, my SO thinks he is weird

jen_jen7
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM

I had another guest tell me that he also called the one by the hotel and all he wanted was a massage and was told $45 on the phone so he went over and the chick who answered the door was all dressed in lingere and high heels and she led him back to a room and told him it'll $100 he argued with her that he was told a massage was $45 and she said they don't do massages and that the cheapest they have is $100.  So he hightailed it out of there.

Quoting vintage_pearl4:

Yep, they have them in a lot of cities, and they are illegal.  I like to watch those documentaries they do sometimes on MSNBC.  They aren't advertised as whore houses, and they are very careful not to say exactly what goes on there.  When they do the raids, they usually find beds in the back and no one there is a licensed masseuse.  Those places are also hot spots for trafficked women, which is really sad.

jen_jen7
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:39 PM

It doesn't actually say massage parlor its called Sauna West or something like that.

Quoting lapcounter:

I have been a massage therapist for two years, anything that says Massage Parlor, is not doing anything that is legal!!!! Might make someone very happy but not legal!

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Yeah but a massage place that is open 24 hours is probably not legal, LOL!

Quoting jen_jen7:

It doesn't actually say massage parlor its called Sauna West or something like that.

Quoting lapcounter:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN