Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 12:19 PM
  • 2 Replies
My son's poop is super green. What to Expect the First Year says that means too much iron. Now I did have a bowl of grapenuts yesterday which has a lot of iron in it, but I would think that would've been in yesterday's poop not today's. He's not running a fever and he's not fussy.... that part worries me. He's always fussy. When he had a stomach virus he was way ahppier than normal. Shoudl I be worried? I can't call the advice nurse, they're only open M-F from 9-5. I guess because people only need medical advice during normal business hours? <--------Sorry, a little snarky there, that happens when I start to freka out about something.
Does anybody have any advice or can you tell me if I need to take him into the ER?
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Robin
by Group Admin on Apr. 1, 2007 at 2:28 PM
Hi,
I hope your son is feeling ok.

You may also want to post this on the Children's Health Issues group.

Usually when the doctor's office is closed, there's a way to page the doctor on call to ask questions.  See if there's an emergency number for you to call  when you try to contact the office.

I hope you're having a nice day!Smile
Robin
Tayesmommy
by on Apr. 1, 2007 at 2:43 PM
First of all, relax just a little bit. Lots of things can turn poop green. You said he ate lots a grapenuts yesterday. Did he poop a lot yesterday? If not, then it is quite possible that it has taken this long for it to pass through.  What else has he eaten in the last 24 hours? Perhaps it was something else that turned it green. If he is not running a fever then you really don't need to worry. The fact that he is not fussy when he usually is might just mean that he is just not fussy today. I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with him. My suggestion to you is to keep your eye on him and if he does get a fever, especially a high one, in the next 24 hours, then call his dr. Until then, just enjoy him not being so fussy! If you still feel uneasy tomorrow morning about it, then I would call his dr. I hope this helped you out a little! ~Megan
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)