Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

picture me portrait studios

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

has anyone been to picture me portrait studios? if so how many pictures do they take?  we are taking all of the grandsons tomorrow and i was just curious.

preview photopreview image

check out my  daughters myspace page. it is for people to get to know a little about her and what a beautiful baby girl she was before she went home to rest with God.    
 www.myspace.com/joslynnsky

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
snowmommy0406
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Well they used to only take like 24, the first one you said you liked would be your package photo and once you pick it you can't change it, but since they have gone digital they can take a lot more pictures, but you still have to pick your package picture first before they can do anymore.

tab9344
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Is that the place in Walmart? If so, I have been their a couple of times, they were ok, I have been going to a place called portrait innovations, they are great, they take a lot of pics & you get them the same day & they cost about the same has picture me & Olin Mills

toddler boysimple smile

angel mini

abbymomof1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:51 AM

thanks. yeah we are just doing the $7.99 package. but we are going to buy the picture cd of all of the photos. that way we can have them all and spend less money.

Quoting snowmommy0406:

Well they used to only take like 24, the first one you said you liked would be your package photo and once you pick it you can't change it, but since they have gone digital they can take a lot more pictures, but you still have to pick your package picture first before they can do anymore.

check out my  daughters myspace page. it is for people to get to know a little about her and what a beautiful baby girl she was before she went home to rest with God.    
 www.myspace.com/joslynnsky

snowmommy0406
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:53 AM

That's cool, the disk cost $40 just an FYI, and it used to not let you print the pictures without having lines in them, but I don't think they do that anymore.

Quoting abbymomof1:

thanks. yeah we are just doing the $7.99 package. but we are going to buy the picture cd of all of the photos. that way we can have them all and spend less money.

Quoting snowmommy0406:

jcrp2005
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:56 AM

I just took my son there a few weeks ago for his Easter pics. I really liked the atmosphere, the amount of pics they took, and the pics themselves. I actually like them better than Olin Mills....personal opinion I guess. They took 8 or 9 poses, and more than one take of each pose....they let you see them on the camera screen to see if you like it, and if you don't or want them to try again, they will until you get one that you like. They were really nice and patient. Luckily my son cooperated that day and got WONDERFUL pics. We went in for the $7.99 package, but ended up spending WAY more than that, but not because of their pressure....they didn't pressure us at all, we just couldn't decide which pics we liked best, so we got a few copies of them all.....

jcrp2005
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Quoting snowmommy0406:

That's cool, the disk cost $40 just an FYI, and it used to not let you print the pictures without having lines in them, but I don't think they do that anymore.

Quoting abbymomof1:

Quoting snowmommy0406:

The cd is only $10 if you buy a package, even the small package, and you get a copyright so you don't have the lines in them and you can take them anywhere to get them printed....

Cherish77
by Cherish on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:27 AM

It's only $10 if you only want your portrait package pose.  If you want all the poses it is $130.  But if you buy like 10 poses(10 pages of portraits) you can than get the CD for $40.  I might try Picture people next time I do my sons pictures.

lacygrl81
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:48 AM

I have been taking my son there since he was born- so in Sept, Dec, this past month and we have gone there before he was born. The CD are NOT 10. It depends on what package you buy as to how much they are.

They range from like 29.99 to (I think) 119.99 for just the cd and no printed pics. They normally come with all the pics. The best thing to do is go on there website. It explains the packages, what you get, and the costs.

Sorry but I had to say something, cause I have NEVER seen the CD cost only 10. Even with the most expensive package, I believe it was still like 30 bucks.

Good luck, we have always liked there pics. Even this last time, the pics came back with these dots on them, and I took them back and they redid the entire thing for no additional cost plus the lady gave me a free 10x13 because of the dots and the trouble and how long it ended up taking- and they rushed the second set of pics back in a week not two!

Rowansmommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM

With picture places, its really a subjective thing because each photographer is different. We went there and had a horrid photographer and my son was even blurry in a couple of the pics!!! And she couldn't click it when he was looking her way... as a photographer myself, I thought it was shotty... so I just did all his pics from then on... but I went because I wanted the experience and wanted the help of someone... I ended up just enlisting my sister instead to help with holding him in the back and what not... with my daughter, I plan on doing the same thing or paying one of the photographers at the college to do it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)