• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should the partial-birth abortion ban be repealed?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:53 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Should the partial-birth abortion ban be repealed?

Options:

No!

Yes!

Maybe, it depends on the exact situation

Not Sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

I am doing a paper and was wanted some input. I need ideas for both sides. For those of you who do not know here is a quick definition:

Partial-birth abortion is exactly what the term infers. The baby is partially born before its abortionist-induced termination.

The procedure is usually performed during the last trimester of gestation up to the end of the ninth month. The woman's cervix is dilated, and the abortionist grabs the baby's leg with forceps. Then he proceeds to pull the baby into the birth canal. The abortionist then delivers the baby's body, feet first, all but the baby's head. The abortionist inserts a sharp object into the back of the baby's head, removes it, and inserts a vacuum tube through which the brains are sucked out. The head of the baby collapses at this point and allows the aborted baby to be delivered lifelessly.

I'm sorry if offended anyone by using the term- abortionist. I copy and pasted the definition from a website.

And yes there are probably more ways the procedure can be performed.

And for anyone who put yes on the poll and don't want to reply for fear of being bashed please PM me with your comments. I would really appreciate it.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherMae55
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:56 AM

I do not believe in partial birth abortions, unless the mothers life is at risk, or they figure out that the child would not be able to survive. 

I cannot understand how someone could perform this type of abortion. 

coexist.jpg coexist image by lupelagata

mrssundin

i put down no, but i am not going to state my reasons because i am sure that i will get bashed.

KreatingMe

Sorry I can't take your post seriously. There is no such thing as an abortionist. There is no medical specialty that focuses only on abortions. There are ob/gyn's who perform abortions.  The term abortionist is emotionally charged rhetoric used to rile people up.  

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Quoting HeatherMae55:

I do not believe in partial birth abortions, unless the mothers life is at risk, or they figure out that the child would not be able to survive. 

i agree, am pro-choice ( i think you are too..?? not sure, but i thought i had saw something like that on a different post..)  but i do not believe in partial-birth abortions. most, if not all, pro-choicers don't.

stormcris
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:00 AM

I understand you are doing a paper but that is not the only way partial birth abortions are preformed.

braysmommy247
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:00 AM

HELL NO!!!!!!! This is nothing but pure murder!!!! No ifs, ands or buts about it! MURDER!!!  This is disgusting and sick! Anyone who can deliver all but the head of a full term baby and then suck its brains out is fucking sick and heartless.

HeatherMae55
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:02 AM

I am definitely pro-choice (good memory - I never remember anything here.. lol!!)  But, a woman should decide as soon as she finds out, not wait a few weeks to a few months then want to get one.. If the baby is viable, do not abort.  Isn't the time limit like 20 weeks or so?  Maybe earlier?

Quoting Mamie_85:

Quoting HeatherMae55:

i agree, am pro-choice ( i think you are too..?? not sure, but i thought i had saw something like that on a different post..)  but i do not believe in partial-birth abortions. most, if not all, pro-choicers don't.

coexist.jpg coexist image by lupelagata

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:08 AM

This type of procedure is extremely rare, and the fetus has already died. If a doctor deems this necessary, then it's usually a life or death decision, and something no mother should have to go through. The ones who do are usually grieving over the loss of their child, and sure as hell don't need any anti-abortionist using their tragedy for their own propaganda.

No, it shouldn't be repealed.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:09 AM

For having smoked so much pot as a teen (blah blah blah bash away bashers) i really do have a great memory :)

yeah there is a time limit. i dont think a woman should or even can just wait till it starts kicking and moving around to decide "oops, dont want this baby" either. that's just wrong. i really really hope the time limit is long before 20 weeks, as i couldnt imagine feeling my baby move and then decide that i dont want it. but yes, i do believe an early abortion option should still be available. personally, i dont want the government in my uterus making those decisions for me.

Quoting HeatherMae55:

I am definitely pro-choice (good memory - I never remember anything here.. lol!!)  But, a woman should decide as soon as she finds out, not wait a few weeks to a few months then want to get one.. If the baby is viable, do not abort.  Isn't the time limit like 20 weeks or so?  Maybe earlier?

Quoting Mamie_85:

Quoting HeatherMae55:

tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I agree. It's murder!!

Quoting braysmommy247:

HELL NO!!!!!!! This is nothing but pure murder!!!! No ifs, ands or buts about it! MURDER!!!  This is disgusting and sick! Anyone who can deliver all but the head of a full term baby and then suck its brains out is fucking sick and heartless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)