Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can your baby?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:09 AM
  • 6 Replies

can your baby read? do any of you believe in this program? does it work? just curious

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Butterfly07Mama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:27 AM

I got the free trial and honestly im sending it back the books and flash cards are no different then something you can pick up at a book store ,etc....The videos arent to bad my son will sit and watch those but im sending it back and i might get the dvds themselves but thats it and i dunno yet lol 

I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kid.

_MOMMY_
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM

what ages is it for exactly?

Quoting Butterfly07Mama:

I got the free trial and honestly im sending it back the books and flash cards are no different then something you can pick up at a book store ,etc....The videos arent to bad my son will sit and watch those but im sending it back and i might get the dvds themselves but thats it and i dunno yet lol 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM

I think it is alot of hype over nothing.... We like baby einstein toys, books dvds here and i think they are basically the same thing.  You can get any flash cards you like and teach your child the meaning of them.

maxensmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:33 AM

the trial offer is the only thing that's 15 bucks.... the whole she-bang costs like 300!!! i called and they EVENTUALLY told me that and i didn't want it anymore...

now they call me every other week telling me they have a special offer JUST FOR ME!!!! annoying! 

Patriotsgrl84
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:36 AM

My daughter who is almost 5 has special needs and we've been teaching her signs..anyway, when our second child was born, (our daughter was 3 1/2...)...He  started to mimic the signs we were teaching her when he was 6 months old.  So when he was 10 months old, he was doing 10+ signs.  I decided to do home made flash cards to see what he would do..

He can now look at cards, (more, all done, dada, mama, Brady (him), Alysha (his sister), cat, up, help and yes and no, and do the signs with no prompting.  We've always called him our little freak of nature (not in a mean way) because he also started walking at 8 1/2 months and is almost fully potty trained (he's now 15 1/2 months)

If you take the time to really work with them, it is totally possible to teach them within thier limits.  Brady is starting to talk, but if we try to push him, he tends to ignore us.  So we let him learn at his own pace.  He's starting to learn numbers now.  We've gotten 1, 2 and 3 down...but each child is different.. Each child is like a snowflake..totally unique!

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:24 AM

I have been doing it with my daughter since she was 11 months and she loves them and CAN read!  She is now 16-months old and her pediatrician said she was advanced for her age since she was 12 months!  She talks a lot, loves to read, identifies everything or asks if she doesnt know!  They work wonderfully!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)