Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why am I disappointed??? Shouldn't I be happy?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:24 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm sure a lot of you know about my issues with getting pregnant, my husband wants another, I don't.. I am taking drugs that cause birth defects & I'm addicted to those drugs, my Dr. told me to stay on them.  I want a career, I do not want to be a SAHM, I wanna work... After school  I want to work, if we have 2 kids daycare will be outrageous, everything is more expensive...

I took a test today, period is due in a week.. I've had sore boobs, (could be from wearing my bra all day), I am craving ramen noodles & meat (for the iron just like with my first)  I am exhausted all the time (I'm up not b/c I'm fighting it and I like the quiet time).. My veins are showing a lot more than usual, which I found really creepy with my first..

Took the test - negative...

SO WHY WAS I DISAPPOINTED!?!?!?!?!  Have any of you felt this way after a negative test, if you didn't want to get pregnant??

coexist.jpg coexist image by lupelagata

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
babybratnc
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:34 AM

i would take another test in a couple days. Gl. Youll be in my thoughts

HeatherMae55
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Thank you.. :)

Quoting babybratnc:

i would take another test in a couple days. Gl. Youll be in my thoughts

cutiepieusa879
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:37 AM

Maybe deep down you remember your little one when s/he was little and kinda miss that. I know I do, but I don't want anymore either. I took a test last week and was disapointed as well even though I don't want anymore! Just the memories???

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

MauiStylinMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Ugg! Its the mixed feelings thing! I hate that! Good luck and everything will happen like its supposed to!

goodson_2008
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:39 AM

I'm sorry I hope everything turns out for you I would retake a test in a couple of days

Wife to the most wonderful,brave military man Josh and proud Mommy to my sweet little boy Jayden :)

rosa_lee
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:41 AM

I feel that disappointment every time i take a test and its negative even though the moments leading up to taking the test are like torture because my husband and i really dont want anymore kids. The anxiety I feel every month when I think i may be pregnant is awful. But it never fails the test comes out negative and I am always disappointed. My husband says its motherly instincts. I have yet to figure it out. Good luck to you though, you arent alone

HeatherMae55
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Thank you ladies!  Guess I am just thinking about my little man, or maybe that I'm scared I am making the wrong decision by only having the one kid..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)