Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should the death penalty be applied to sex offenders?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:25 AM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Should the death penalty be applied to sex offenders?

Options:

yes!

No!

Maybe, it depends on the exact situation

Not Sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

I am writing a paper on this and wanted to know where everyone stands on it. I need both sides of this debate so all replies are welcomed (NO BASHING PLEASE)

If you would like to reply but not on this your are welcomed to pm me.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HeatherMae55
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:27 AM

I think it should!  But only if it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt - meaning forensic evidence.. not just witness testimony..

I only think they should be executed because most of the time they cannot be rehabilitated..

coexist.jpg coexist image by lupelagata

kmsmommy430
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:28 AM

absolutely

honeybababy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:29 AM

well, not with overcrowded prisons that already have hundreds of felons who are on the WAITINGLIST for a death penalty, i would rethink strategies on how to eliminate crime/sex offending itself other then eliminating more lives whether they were good or bad.

lvnmylif
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:34 AM

It depends on the nature of the offense.  I don't think teens who are sexting deserve to be put to death but they can still be convicted of a sex crime.  I think that in the case of a child rapist then yes I would not be apposed to it.  There is a case here you all probably remember.   Chester Stiles raped a two year old little girl and video taped himself doing it.  In cases like this where there is indisputable evidence then the death penalty should be on the table. 

lovelily79
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:36 AM

yes, I think if they have sexually injured a person...especially a child they should be on death row. Now like another poster said it may not end up happening that they die BUT they will be off the streets forever till they do

women-1-2.gif picture by straightupmama

katirae01
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Quoting kmsmommy430:

absolutely

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)