Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16 MONTH OLD --EASTER OR NO EASTER??

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:47 AM
  • 12 Replies

So my daughter is really good at finding whatever I have lost--looking under doorways, couches, crib, bed, etc. so I thought it would be cute to do an Easter egg hunt for her in my Mom's yard but my Mother is like "she is too young!"  I would not fill the egg with anything except maybe Cheerios, goldfish and the like if anything. 

1) What do you think? Wait until she is older?

2) Too young to paint eggs?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pregogirl
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:49 AM

No I don't think she is too young. I would Def do it!

ValensMomma
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:51 AM

My LO is 15 months old...I think he may be a little too young to paint eggs, but I do think he'll be able to hunt for eggs. :) As long as the eggs are pretty visible your LO should be able to find them. :)

ChristineSellsT
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:54 AM

She's your little girl so you get to decide what she does or doesn't do. I'd defiantley have one for her and paint eggs. They have so many different types now adays with stickers, glitter, crayons, whatever you can imagine. Have fun with her ~ she'll only be 16months old once!

JoeMama

I dyed eggs with our son last Easter, he was 16 months... Of course we made a mess, and I helped him, but it was still fun and made for good pics. He loved finding the eggs too!

MommyofKenzie

Aw. Let her hunt eggs! I think she would love it! Just don't hide them to hard ya know? lol. I think I would let DD paint eggs at that age just supervise it and aybe go out side and do it, so it won't make a big mess! =)

cloegrace
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:01 AM

this is my 15 month old hunting easter egg's saturday

Lovelee-Mama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:09 AM

If you dont want to paint eggs you can put stickers on the plastic ones and then hide them.

Beyondthesky37
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:11 AM

I'd say go for it just leave them pretty visible.  You may have to show her at first but she'll get it.  I was 16 months when I had my first easter egg hunt.  My mom helped me but I have pictures of me collecting eggs that young.  Here's my DD hunting eggs a few weeks back she was 17 months at the time.  We're having one on Sunday and she'll hunt then as well.

Landon 3-15-05        Xander 5-16-06      Jadzia 9-25-07

alleykatt28
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:07 AM

NO WAY! GO FOR IT!!!

soldier-2_thumb.png i love my soldier image by leosgirrl
myrtlebeach
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:09 AM

She is not to young for either activity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)