• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here's a thought...or two

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:42 AM
  • 12 Replies

This is a vent, it's not directed at anyone specifically, but maybe I will feel better. I am a manager at a fast food joint. I LOVE my job. Yes, that is correct, I love it. I work with awesome people and I deal with a great deal of people on a daily basis. Most of them are great people, some, not so much. I can't stand when people think that because I work in fast food that I am uneducated and "below" them. Guess what? I am one class away from a  Bachelors degree in Business Management. I am very much educated and definately not below anyone. I CHOSE my job, that's right. I've been there for seven years and when my boss got word of my degree I was offered a higher position and higher pay. I can't stand the attitude some people give when you are making their food, cause I certainly wouldn't mess with someone making my food. People get snotty as hell. For instance, we have Frutistas with strawberry's on top. The other night this chick freaked out cause there wasn't enough strawberry's to her liking. She actually said "pshhtt you don't expect "ME" to drink that do you". Guess what? I sure do,don't like it, then pay 39 cents for more. I refunded her to get her out of there, but that is mild. I have been cussed out by people who seem to think because I am behind that counter that they can talk to me anyway that they chose. I am a person. I am educated and dammit I have feelings and certainly don't like being cussed out by people cause their kids ordered the wrong shit. Mind you, I have a great deal of patience but I am sick and tired of people thinking down on people in the food industry. Believe it or not, some of us chose it! 

I am a coffee drinking, full time working, college student, formula feeding, innapropriate sense of humor, married, kids eat junk food every now and then, swearing now and then, tv loving, vaccinating, pro-choice kind of mom! Don't like it? Don't know what to tell ya, this is my life and I make MY own decisions!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samanthasmom05
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:46 AM

AGREED I USED TO WORK AT TACO BELL AND PEOPLE TREATED ME LIKE THAT AS WELL. I ALSO HAVE WORKED AT MCDONALDS ALSO. JUST BECAUSE I WORKED THERE MUST MEAN THAT I AM UNEDUCATED LOL DAMN I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL AND WENT TO COLLEGE AND I AM JUST A IGNORANT, UNEDUCATED, YOUNG LADY LOL. JEEZ. I DO AGREE WITH YOU THOUGH.

princessnyprnc1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:48 AM

DAM ALL US UNEDUCATED LAZY FOOLS LOL

Quoting samanthasmom05:

AGREED I USED TO WORK AT TACO BELL AND PEOPLE TREATED ME LIKE THAT AS WELL. I ALSO HAVE WORKED AT MCDONALDS ALSO. JUST BECAUSE I WORKED THERE MUST MEAN THAT I AM UNEDUCATED LOL DAMN I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL AND WENT TO COLLEGE AND I AM JUST A IGNORANT, UNEDUCATED, YOUNG LADY LOL. JEEZ. I DO AGREE WITH YOU THOUGH.

I am a coffee drinking, full time working, college student, formula feeding, innapropriate sense of humor, married, kids eat junk food every now and then, swearing now and then, tv loving, vaccinating, pro-choice kind of mom! Don't like it? Don't know what to tell ya, this is my life and I make MY own decisions!

Cherish77
by Cherish on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:49 AM

I only get upset if my order is wrong.  but I certainly do not yell at them, I just nicely ask for it to be fixed.  I hate being yelled at, so Im not gonna yell at you.

princessnyprnc1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:52 AM

I have no prob fixing an order. I just hate when people scream like I intentionally messed their food up. I have had food thrown at me more times than I can count.

Quoting Cherish77:

I only get upset if my order is wrong.  but I certainly do not yell at them, I just nicely ask for it to be fixed.  I hate being yelled at, so Im not gonna yell at you.

katynic
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:54 AM

Oh my gosh! I know how you feel. I work at a Taco Bell too. I've been yelled at and cussed at soooooooo many times in the drive thru.

I had one guy yell at me saying his wife was allergic to beef cause they ordered a Mexican Pizza with no beef. He was lying. It's just against his religion, and I know cause he'd been there before and used that reason. But he yelled at me saying that if she had eaten it and got sick he would have sued ME. I did NOT make his food.

They act like we're stupid just cause we work in Fast food. Gosh. I'm going back to school for a BS in Web Design. Its not like I'm dumb!!

I think we REALLY need a sign like DQ has about nuts, but for everything we have saying there might be cross contamination. I mean the stuffer DOES touch all the cold food. *sigh*

Sorry so long! Just basically wanted to say I know how you feel. *even though i'm not a manager*

momof3ohio
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:56 AM

i agree! ive been at a grocery store for 15 years now and someone called me a 7.00 and hour button pusher, little do they know i make over 16.00 an hour. people are ignorant. this one customer thought we should cash in her money order because she went to collage and she is a nurse, she kept on saying that lol. rules are rules.

JMVITT
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Yeah thats customer service, lol.  I was finally able to get the nerve to quit my dumb weekend job because I knew I wouldn't be able to hanlde another summer of gnorant young drunks.  I am not implying all young drink, etc it's just what you get when you work at the lake.  Or when the state decides to do stings and they train the kids to be asses.  Got that my first year working there.  A group of young guys come in and want to buy smokes.  No one has there ID on them so they didnt get them but boy did they have attitudes to try and get me to sell them smokes.  I think I am just to old to do it anymore.  I get enough attitude from my toddlers I don't need it at work.  Oh yeah, I worked at a McDonalds for like a whole 2 weeks and only got one nasty lady who thought she was above me.  If it wasnt because of my health I had to quit I am sure I would have soon if I got more people like her.  Its insane how people think they can treat someone.  I seriously think they should put those signs back up in every establishment "We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service"  Maybe more people would be more respectful.  Even when I found a hair in my food, I was still polite.  Or if I call to compain to the regional office, I always say "I'm Sorry, you didn't do anything but.....  Sorry this got so long but I have been there in your shoes. 

lcappytan05
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:56 AM

i know exactly what you are saying!!! i was a manager at a mcdonald's while putting myself through college. i had people call me all kinds of things including "a waste of life" and "white trash" i even had a lady throw a bigmac at me one time...i called the cops on her and she was arrested because she assaulted me...i hate some of those ignorant people that think they can take their problems out on the people who make their food!

Snowbug925
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Well, usually i'm the oldest one here posting, but my baby and kids qualify me to be here..LOL, so, here I am - anyway, my best friend started at Burger King in HS and worked there for like ...wow... almost 14 yrs or so??? when she left, only because she was offered a better job at a bank, she was making almost 50k a year, and she loved it!  A job is a job yanno?  If you like it, even better.

Whats more, is people are people, and all of them deserve respect! 

lcappytan05
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:56 AM

when i was working at mcd's a few  years back as a manager...i was making close to 30k a year...that's what teachers make, right???

Quoting Snowbug925:

Well, usually i'm the oldest one here posting, but my baby and kids qualify me to be here..LOL, so, here I am - anyway, my best friend started at Burger King in HS and worked there for like ...wow... almost 14 yrs or so??? when she left, only because she was offered a better job at a bank, she was making almost 50k a year, and she loved it!  A job is a job yanno?  If you like it, even better.

Whats more, is people are people, and all of them deserve respect! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)