Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some ideas....

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:18 AM
  • 3 Replies

How do you play/ teach your 16 month olds?  I'm getting bored everyday and it's starting to drive me nuts!  They play a few moment on their own but they really want me to play on the floor with them all day too.  I need some new things to do with my twins so each day is fun and rewarding for them.   What things are your 16 months able to do now?  My twins are walking but they don't talk much.  They say the basic words momma, dadda, babba, book, juice...etc  They undersatnd many more words than they can say but getting them to say new words has been slow.   Any advice ladies? 

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
richgirljj
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:23 AM

Go to www.momsclub.com and find a MOMS Club in your area.  You will be amazed how many moms you find like you.

momsbreak5654
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:37 AM

Have you tried peanut butter playdoe with some kitchen utensils?  I forgot the receipe (maybe some one has it?) but they can eat it, play with it, squish it, throw it(doesnt really stick in rugs!).  It keeps for about three days in the fridge. 

Walks in the morning also helped.  My kids and i would pack a little snack, take a bag for things they found, and take a walk.  It doesnt have to be long and it can be the same route, but you can encourage them to touch the bark on the trees, count the cars passing by (while you sit and have a snack), or say hi to the birdies.  My kids learned a lot from those walks and it gave me a break from being couped up in the house all day.

momschoice5654

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
Roya-LPain
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:42 AM

you know what solved my problem... dogs.... DD and DS are always making them into monsters or princess buddies... they have saved my life...

Hope you get some good ideas

QUOTES Pictures, Images and Photos
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)