• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Devastated

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:46 AM
  • 11 Replies

I just got on myspace to see 3 of my friends status updates saying RIP Omme.  I worked with Omme a few years back at a pharmacy and we have stayed in contact and I just wrote her 2 weeks ago because she just had a baby a week before that.  She told me everything was perfect including her little baby girl.

I was just so shocked and couldn't find anything on the Internet about her death (I live in another state now).  She just passed away last night.

Finally one of our friends wrote me back saying she died from a MASSIVE infection from gangrene in her colon BECAUSE her doctors left some of her placenta still inside of her by accident. 

I am so mad and shocked.  This little precious little girl will grow up with out her mother because of a mistake (I know all of us are human INCLUDING docs) made by the doctor that COULD have been prevented. 

I am so sick to my stomach BUT I know GOD gained an angel and Deanna will have her mom always looking after her as well. 

We defiantly should NEVER take life for granted.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeXisMoMMi04
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:50 AM

thats sad- sorry for your loss. 

Aidensmom02
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:51 AM

Wow that is so sad, I'm so sorry for your loss

stpalmsgirl
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:52 AM

I am sorry about your friend, that is really sad!

Unfortunately hundred thousands of people die each year because sloppy doctors and their mistakes, I know they are human but if you deal with peoples lives there is no room for mistakes.

kachinav4
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:53 AM

I'm so sorry for everyone who is hurting by this,

luvin2boys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Very sad!   May God bless the little girl who will never know her "real" mom here on Earth!

retsillacam
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:59 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. Thats so sad. *hugs*

mommy2eblb
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:26 AM

wow so sorry hun!

Tanya-Wifey To Austin-Mother To Ethan & Landon-Lover OF-Friends- Family-Music-Dancing-Shopping-Traveling-Animals-Purses-Pink-Outdoors-4 Wheelin-Campimg-FUN!!!!!!big smile mini

WhiskerLickins
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM

im sorry

AmyNB
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:51 AM
How awful! I'm so sorry.
c_boerman
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Thank you all, I appreciate it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)