Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Tossing" your child's room

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:23 AM
  • 71 Replies

Do you think it is wrong to ransack your child's room? Is it okay to do if you think they are doing drugs haveing sex etc.?

I ask b/c my older sister has custody of my just 17 yr old sister and she found out my lil sis is haveing sex, carved her boyfriends name into her wrist, and thought she was pregnant,  tried to run away got caught and then began replanning it all, and lied about it all.

So my sister and her husband tossed my sisters room.  Do you think it was wrong.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SharoninKy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:26 AM

No, I dont think it is wrong.  I think anytime that you are doing what is best for the kid(s) its not a bad thing.  Sounds like this girl is heading for some serious trouble, I hope they are able to help.

heidi_val
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:27 AM

I don't think it was wrong.  

Humboldt0608

No not at all. She is obviously out of control and they love her enough to take the heat to make sure that she's safe and not doing the wrong things.

6in5years

No I don't think that it is wrong.  I would go through my kid's stuff in a heartbeat.

retsillacam
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:31 AM

nope I would have done the same thing. Then grounded her until she was 21.

Kawanis
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Not at all! She's not grown yet and anything going on in their house, they have a right to know about it. Period! 

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Nope I would have done the same thing.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:41 AM

TY ladies  We are so scared for her

satin69
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:46 AM

not at all...first of all our children are our responsibility and we do what it takes to protect them.  second of all they live under our roof, it is our house.   

bookwriter4kids
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:00 AM

no, I don't think it is wrong, especially since it sounds like she is lost in her life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)